Hardcore Sledder banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Don’t get your hopes up to high. That was my issue. Had Mind set all smooth trails. Hit lot of bumpy trails. Even during the week. Been all over Quebec the last 5 years. Hit some smooth. Some that were horrible. To point where we questioned if we want to keep going for 3 more days or ride back to truck and go home.
Where exactly was that in Quebec?

Sorry to hear that too. I am thinking there was a groomer down wherever you were.

From what I've experienced, the snowmobile clubs in Quebec take grooming more seriously than anywhere else. And I have only experienced low traffic and about 3,000 miles of all pancake flat groomed trails in Quebec.

Reactions: too slow

·
Registered
45,055 Posts
Don’t get your hopes up to high. That was my issue. Had Mind set all smooth trails. Hit lot of bumpy trails. Even during the week. Been all over Quebec the last 5 years. Hit some smooth. Some that were horrible. To point where we questioned if we want to keep going for 3 more days or ride back to truck and go home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you ride in areas that are well known to many others, your going to hit more junk trails. Best recommendation is to get out where its less populated. Probably why i liked it better riding further north with bag trips out in the bush.

·
Registered
45,055 Posts
Don’t hear that very often. But no dought it can happen but it’s not the norm. This is one reason I highly recommend the Mont Laurier area because they do freshen up the trails every night.
They do in many other areas also, but the sled traffic can get heavy on weekends. Everyone needs to take a trip to mont valins...the scenery alone is breath taking, especially on those lesser known club trails.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
We're going to go to Abiti- Temiscamingue and stay in Amos for a few days and do loops out of there. The hotel has a heated sled garage and is right off a trail.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Must be the Atmosphere? Great place and when COVID was shutting everything down the Atmosphere was still open and serving meals and drinks. Super fast flat smooth trails just hope it ain’t too cold.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Must be the Atmosphere? Great place and when COVID was shutting everything down the Atmosphere was still open and serving meals and drinks. Super fast flat smooth trails just hope it ain’t too cold.
Yes sir. Booked the atmosphere for 3 nights. Looks like a good spot and the two outdoor hot tubs will sure be nice after a long day of riding.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Where exactly was that in Quebec?

Sorry to hear that too. I am thinking there was a groomer down wherever you were.

From what I've experienced, the snowmobile clubs in Quebec take grooming more seriously than anywhere else. And I have only experienced low traffic and about 3,000 miles of all pancake flat groomed trails in Quebec.
Trail # 355 lac edouard to roberval. There was a nice new John Deere groomer parked in lac edouard. # 373 from roberval north was bumpy. Part of 345 north of la cabanon they had bridge out. Had take trail across the dam. From 23 to dam wasn’t groomed. 345 to 360 north of dam was horrible.

·
Registered
45,055 Posts
Trail # 355 lac edouard to roberval. There was a nice new John Deere groomer parked in lac edouard. # 373 from roberval north was bumpy. Part of 345 north of la cabanon they had bridge out. Had take trail across the dam. From 23 to dam wasn’t groomed. 345 to 360 north of dam was horrible.

I stopped riding in that area long before i stopped riding in quebec. Its hit and miss with those trails, and you always hear how the groomer is broken. Everyone seems to ride around the cabanon trails, and even to la tuque. Imo, the trail from there to relais 22 is rarely good but to roberval it can be like a race track. For la tuque to lac edouard its a pretty narrow winding route when we use to run it. Run it in the middle of a snowstorm, and its an adventure. Back in the day we slept overnight in an old railway depot building....at least it had heat. The bar was the best thing there.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts