Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody found any great aluminum polishes for the tunnel thats quick and easy to use? Something that will remove water spots and stains and make them shiny to boot. I have some Mother's product, but its kind of time consuming, even though it works well.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
That's what I used is Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. Very impressed, now the tunnel is like a mirror, and the bulkhead, and the steering arm, and the riser block, and the ...

Ok maybe I have TOO much time on my hands! LOL :p

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jay, the speedy stuff looks interesting, but does it bring out the shine also? Where is Flitz sold? Auto parts stores? I haven't seen it West. NY, although I wasn't looking that hard. I don't have the time to rub and buff, rub and buff, rub and buff.................. :(

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by looneytune@Dec 20 2002, 03:43 PM
Jay, the speedy stuff looks interesting, but does it bring out the shine also?
Oh yeah - big time!!!

Here is a pic of one of our trucks at the Firehouse. That is aluminum diamond plate that was polished with speedy, notice the reflection of the people in it???

·
Registered
827 Posts
wizards, use it on my show car,tried it on the sled,,wow

·
Registered
171 Posts
WD-40 all the way i always use it on my sleds and it cleans umm up nice!! spray it on and use a paper towel or a shop rag (i use an old torn arctic cat sweatshrit) but what ever works i wouldn't use a skidoo polaris or yamahahahaha shirt it's not high enough quality

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I did half my tunnel with mothers and wow...do it a couple of times and you got yourslef a mirror..it is like chrome..looks really nice....but doesn't last too long....doesn;t take much though to get it looking good again

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nothers mag and a luminum polish is what i use i havent tried anything else so i cant say if it is better than anything else but i like the results i get from it, I also have polished my riserblock, head,tunnel,connecting rods frame, belt guard and everything is as close to chrome asi i can get it.

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jay, last questions before I buy, did you use the cleaner also or just the spray? And how about that sealant I saw on the website?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Bought some speedy metal polish after someone on this site recommended it and was totally amazed! You get a mirror finish with minimal work. Didn't use any precleaner just applied the polish and then clear coated. The clear coat wasn't quite as easy to apply as I thought. I put it on a little heavy and it ran so I wiped it with a clean cloth and discovered this worked better yet. You can spread it around a little and thin it out even though it sounds messier than it really is. Not sure how long it will look this good but after 130 miles with boots and bibs rubbing the tunnel it looks great!

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by looneytune@Dec 21 2002, 09:56 AM
Jay, last questions before I buy, did you use the cleaner also or just the spray? And how about that sealant I saw on the website?
No sealer, just the metal polish

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Jay or Green F7
I was interested in that speedy polish, did you use all the steps? How is it on stickers, I have some on the tunnel? I have an 02 Zr 600 CC, that I have always used mothers on, I have it shining like pure chrome but it doesn't last at all and I am sick of doing it. It is a pain around all the serrated edges, and makes a mess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts