Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone will probably have a different opinion but I am trying to decide between USI Project X, Simmons, SLP SLT's, or SLP Powder pros. I was leaning towards the SLT's but I am a little concerned about the way the SLT's mount and stories of them falling apart. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
powder pros

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
i have a set or slp ultra lites love em and my cousin has a pair or c&a pros real good ski
another buddy had the usi projectX's on his 02 800 polaris and talked about them alot
one of the best ski's made he says nothing better

and it depends on what kinda rideing you want to do trail rideing or off trail deep powder
i hear alot of people talking about slp slt's just some things to think about

·
Premium Member
12,019 Posts
If your worried about the mount falling off the ski on a slp slt ski.

I drilled 4, - 1/4 holes through the mount and ski, then used 1/4 carrage bolts, Stainless, to bolt together.

Also use the longer mount, less likely to break the front skag bolt.

I love the slt skis.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
powder pros! they work fantastic on hardpack,fluff , mud,water.... zero darting issues of your front end is setup correctly. Powder pros with shaper bars is the only way to go in my book , I had C&A pro skis on my xc , ya it turned but the darting and twiching left a uneasy feeling at speed on trails. Plus they suck in deep fluff. Never seen or heard of any mounting issues with SLP skis???? Mine have a ton of hard landing off jumps and mogle fields at high speeds ,I am in my 4th season with the same mounts and skis.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I know everyone will probably have a different opinion but I am trying to decide between USI Project X, Simmons, SLP SLT's, or SLP Powder pros. I was leaning towards the SLT's but I am a little concerned about the way the SLT's mount and stories of them falling apart. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.[/b]
Since you in Minnesota you may want to consider wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.