Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see if all of this talk about bent tunnels is just a few isolated incidents blown out of proportion, or if it is a real problem. So I started thist thread to get a tally. PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU OWN A CROSSFIRE. If you have a Crossfire with a bent tunnel, please post here so we can get a total number of HCS members with bent tunnels, and pics if you have them. Please keep any other discussion in a different thread, and keep this post dedicated only to a tally.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have one. 2007 Crossfire 8 with a bent tunnel on the right hand side. No hard riding just bent on something which bottomed the forward shock. I'll take pictures tomorrow and post.

Our dealer told me that they have a demo sled of the same type which has the same exact bend.
So, that is 2 (two) with bends that I know of.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I've got one! 06' 700 SP Blk. Dealer sold it to me as a demo, says it has 10hrs, they reset the speedo to 0, so not sure of the milage. After reading all the posts, I took a closer look and sure enough, the dealer actually straighten it, left lots of evidence if you're looking for it.

Pictures won't show much, they reworked the area with a polish and removed the VIN sticker. Says it came-off with a power washer....now I know the rest of the story........good day.

Jack in Ohio

·
Registered
71 Posts
2007 Arctic Cat - Crossfire 800 with 600 miles. Bent and ripped metal on both sides. No Jumping. I weigh 190 LBS. Only hit moguls. This was my first weekend out on the new sled. This problem was reported today to the BBB and the CPSC.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thats not me and not my log, just a picture I found on the net and Photoshoped. The sad thing is every time I walk into my garage I see my brand new sled and to me it looks much more discusting with the bends and the cracks than that tird does!!! I would much rather look at tirds than my broken $9000 pile of tird!

Consider yourself lucky that your sled doesn't look like mine and all you have to complain about is a funny picture!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thats not me and not my log, just a picture I found on the net and Photoshoped. The sad thing is every time I walk into my garage I see my brand new sled and to me it looks much more discusting with the bends and the cracks than that tird does!!! I would much rather look at tirds than my broken $9000 pile of tird!

Consider yourself lucky that your sled doesn't look like mine and all you have to complain about is a funny picture![/b]
I feel for you sir, but do you have insurance on the sled? If so call them and have your insurance deal with the problem. If it is an actual default they may have better luck dealing with AC that you do going through the dealer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Before
[attachment=283461:100_0199.JPG]

After
[attachment=283462:091806_15361.jpg][/b]

Those supports looks great. Did you replace the bent tunnel or straighten it before putting on the tunnel supports?

For this thread record my 06 Early Build CF 700 has a bent tunnel on both sides.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am one of the guys with a bad bent tunnel. I hope everyone is going to buy supports! I do have a little concern weather the supports will totally fix the issue, or if we may see bending behind the support but only the future will tell. I do want to say this. Unless new information arises I will do my best to leave this post alone in the future, but before I do that I need to make something clear. There is some hope for this issue. If you do have any kind of bend please go to click here for the BBB and file a complaint.
To make sure the complaint is filed against the right place you must use the following information for your report - Company Name: Arctic Cat - Manufacturer street address: 601 Brooks Avenue South - Place where manufactured: Thief River Falls, MN. 56701.
This is the rep at the BBB that I spoke with and if we can get enough people to file a complaint, we will get repairs.
Dan Hendrickson
Mediation Coordinator
Better Business Bureau of MN and ND
2706 Gannon Road
Saint Paul, MN 55116
Phone: (651) 699-1111
Fax: (651) 699-7665
You can reference my name (Justin Carrol) and case number (Case: 57086053) if you need to as another person with the problem.
Thanks again everyone for your support, and I hope what happened to me does not happen to you. If it did/or does happen please take five minutes and report it. Remember you paid around $9000 for a machine that was poorly manufactured. Lets get it fixed by reporting it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Add mine to the list. 06 700 w/600 miles. Cannot see the bend but because of this string, i decided to run my hand across the tunnel and sure enough. both sides are starting to bend. I just started riding last year and am the furthest thing from aggressive. This sucks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.