Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys , was out with group riding and friend with apex and he hit a bad washout, needles to say he crashed, although he is ok his sled ended up with a bent tunnel. It does ride ok but just wondering how they would fix. (replace entire chassis or would insurance consider it a total loss?)
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Hey guys , was out with group riding and friend with apex and he hit a bad washout, needles to say he crashed, although he is ok his sled ended up with a bent tunnel. It does ride ok but just wondering how they would fix. (replace entire chassis or would insurance consider it a total loss?)
Thanks.[/b]
If it's not an insurance claim you're after, I'd run it past a couple of the local body shops to see what they might have to say? I've seen some serious magic done on tweaked sleds.....sheet metal is their game!

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
It depends exactly what is bent. The tunnel isn't a tunnel in the classic sense. The tunnel has sheet metal attached to cast aluminum that is considered part of the chassis. Once you get the seat and tank off you'll see what I mean. I think its not looking good for the sled. Make a great project for someone though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts