Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wOULD A DEALER WARRANTY A BELT THAT LOST A COUPLE TEETH. MY DEALER IS REAL COOL SO IF IT WAS POSSIBLE HE WILL DO IT

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
nope...not gonna happen...BUT...if it does let me know the name of your dealer...I wanna do biz with that guy if he warranties a belt

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'll check with My dealer as soon as I get done checking with the guy at the party store on the warranty on this Bic lighter!!! I've only had the lighter six months and it won't light!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
for what it's worth.. I could always warranty a belt that lost teeth AS LONG AS it was not worn thin or hourglassed or other damage. Losing teeth means a defective belt, and you should get a new one.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
my dealer has warranted 2 belts 1 for loosing cogs and the other for kevlar cord coming out the side. A lot of dealers just don't want to deal with sending it back

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I've had 2 belts replaced under warranty on my F7. 1st at 80 miles, 2nd at 1400 miles. Dealer seems to be aware there's a belt problem. Either with belts themselves or with the sled. After 2nd belt dealer replaced my clutch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My dealer just ran a belt under warranty for me. It had 450 miles, the reason we ran it was there was a crack down one of the inside lugs. He said the rep had been running a few thru for this issue.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I go thru at least 2 or three belts each year. All that ever happens is a few coggs come out! I have 4 Cats and carry a spare on each one. I haven't put one on My F-Cat yet but I have put one on a ZL and one on Our ZR this year already. Warranty don't make Me laugh!!!!!!!!!! Read Your warranty!!! It's plain as day!!!!!! 2 things You don't leave home without, Belts and Plugs!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by CatMan2@Feb 24 2003, 01:40 PM
Warranty don't make Me laugh!!!!!!!!!! Read Your warranty!!! It's plain as day!!!!!! 2 things You don't leave home without, Belts and Plugs!!
Gotta agree...it's in the black & white. You guys who are getting belts replaced are lucky SOB's! :)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Catman2,
Read the 4 previous posts. 4 of us have had belts replaced under warranty. Sometimes a belt fails due to craftsmanship not abuse. Or maybe the dealer is just trying to keep a customer happy and a belt is a small price to pay.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Don't confuse the dealer being nice to a good customer with a warranty! Read Your warranty!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'M GLAD CATMAN2 IS NOT MY DEALER. WELL IT WORTH A TRY BECAUSE THE BELT IS IN GOOD SHAPE EXCEPT THE MISSING TEETH. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Originally posted by fireball@Feb 24 2003, 02:38 PM
i'M GLAD CATMAN2 IS NOT MY DEALER. WELL IT WORTH A TRY BECAUSE THE BELT IS IN GOOD SHAPE EXCEPT THE MISSING TEETH. THANKS FOR THE HELP.
If You had read Your warranty You wouldn't even be asking the question. Don't be a whiner break down and buy a belt! I have been sledding for 30 years and bought dozens and dozens of belts over the years. Your dealer will certainly do You a few favors. But if You are smart You will save them till You really need them! If I call in a favor on My dealer it will be for something more important than a belt! But hey if You want to whine have at it!!!!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hey CatMan2,
There is a difference between whinning and asking a legitimate question. Don't turn this into another "whinning post" please.
"Whinning post" I used to love that song by the Allman Brothers :lol:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Originally posted by bsouv@Feb 24 2003, 03:29 PM
Hey CatMan2,
There is a difference between whinning and asking a legitimate question. Don't turn this into another "whinning post" please.
"Whinning post" I used to love that song by the Allman Brothers :lol:
When You walk into You dealer asking to have a part replaced which is very clearly excluded from the manufacurers warranty. That is whinning!! READ YOUR WARRANTY!!!! I don't think some of You guys have ever done this. Then when a guy asks a question like this You will give Him the proper answer! No belts are not covered in the warranty! They are a wear part just like Hyfax and carbides. But hey if You tell everybody You got a free belt next time Your dealer will probably tell You no too!!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I do realize the difference between normal wear and defective. So don't dealers and belt manufactures. They will replace a DEFECTIVE belt. BUT I agree will not replace one worn from normal wear and tear. That is what we are talking about DEFECTIVE BELTS. Fireball or myself are not whinning!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CATMAN... i ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION, AND THATS ABOUT WARRANTY ON A BELT. dON'T REALLY CARE HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN SNOWMOBILING, HOW MANY SLEDS YOU OWN, OR HOW MANY BELTS YOU GO THROUGH, JUST A SHORT QUICK ANSWER. i THINK WE WOULD ALL APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULDN'T TAKE IT SO PERSONAL.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
A couple of coggs coming out of a belt is not a defect. That is what Fireball said in his first post He had. every sled I have ever owned has had this happen sooner or later. If You stop when You hear it happen You can change the belt before it breaks. Your sled it sounds like had a clutch problem. The dealer probably figured any damage to the belt was because of the clutch issue. If belts didn't break often they wouldn't have spare belt holders on all sleds. Fireball sounds like a first time sled owner. He needs to get used to buying belts, plugs hyfax and carbides. Don't send Him back to the dealer looking for a freebie. It doesn't do Him or the dealer any good. Buy a belt and ride!!!!!!!! I know, I know some people anything that breaks is defective!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just pulled my belt to check clutch alignment. Split right in the center of the cog, not in between 2 cogs but at the high point. Never seen this before. Good wear pattern on the belt.

I'll see what my dealer says. Never know.

420 miles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts