Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced their belt slipping while riding in deep powder? I had concerns with the air induction system, which wasn't a problem, because I couldn't go that far in deep snow since the belt racheted, causing an obvious complete lack of power!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
are you sure it was your belt, it could have been the track, check your track tension

·
Registered
593 Posts
IF YOU BELT IS SLIPPING YOU SHOULD GET A WIFF OF BURNT RUBBER. YOU MENTIONED RACHETING- THAT IS WHAT A TRACK WILL DO WHEN IT IS WAY TOO LOSE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first fix was a hood screen which caused me to think that maybe they sould be included with the sled, I spent more than $7500.00 on a SNOWmobile and it won't go through snow unless I accessorize. I have put the screens in (Thank you to my dealer), but I haven't had the snow to fully test it. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem. Being so late I may not get a chance to run it through 18 inches of powder this year.

I checked the track and that was within spec.

S

·
0 Posts
Hundred mile tape works just great over the clutch vents, if it warms up above -15C I take it off and live with the slippage, it does not happen as much now that I put on 53g notched wieghts.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Did you take anything apart on your sled at some point? A friend of mine spilled anti-freeze on his belt and it slipped constantly. This tends to happen with a lot of liquids except water even if you dry it off. SO basically if you spill anti freeze or something on it, its junk. I know you said it only happens in powder but just tryin to help out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts