Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 F7 Sno Pro with the updated 10.4" secondary clutch. I find it near impossible to change belts. There seems to be not enough room between the outside rim of the secondary and the sled frame for the belt to slide by. What do you do? Please give me some suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2005 F7 Sno Pro with the updated 10.4" secondary clutch. I find it near impossible to change belts. There seems to be not enough room between the outside rim of the secondary and the sled frame for the belt to slide by. What do you do? Please give me some suggestions. Thanks.[/b]
Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a 2005 F7 Sno Pro with the updated 10.4" secondary clutch. I find it near impossible to change belts. There seems to be not enough room between the outside rim of the secondary and the sled frame for the belt to slide by. What do you do? Please give me some suggestions. Thanks.[/b]
i have an 11" sec on my crossfire and here's what i do.

screw in deflection nut about a turn or so (don't need much), then take off the sec. increased slack in belt will allow you to do this...at least it does on my sled.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ive heard of people using a large hammer to make permanent clearence spot near the footwell on the 05s with the 10.4, not sure of where to hit it though. Check it out you may be able to find the spot.

·
Registered
884 Posts
i have the 10.4 and i have not problem changing belts. i push on the end of the helix to open it up and the belt slides right off and on.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like I said earlier, my belt doesn't have enough clearance between the secondary and the sled frame. It sucks changing belts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have same sled and 10.4.
With clutch off, take some sort of blunt object and knock the footwell in a bit. Still a little tight, but much better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts