Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many kms do you guys get on a belt.Last year i put on around 6000 kms and wore out three belts.Tryed aftermarket belt but revs only go to 7600 rpm,put doo belt on and back up to 8200rpm. Belts are costing me between 140 to 160 cnd.Thats just under 500 dollars in belts alone.Is there a good aftermarket belt for mxzx800/05 out there. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
No there are no good aftermarket belts for the Rev's(diff dimensions from BRP's) low belt life is usually from 2 factors on the Rev's 1) too much heat - remove the plastic part of your belt guard so the clutches can get some cooler air and 2)make sure you keep proper belt deflection(tension) belts will wear if they are run too lose.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Belt life depends on several factors. Do you break it? Or do you just hammer on it? I break my belts in by going easy on take off and easing into the throttle for the first hour or so. I learned this lesson the hard way years ago by hammering away on a brand new belt and flat spotting it so bad the sled almost shook apart!

As stated earlier heat is very detrimental! Either removes the plastic side of the belt shield or drill 1" holes to increase airflow. I removed the plastic sides from both of my sleds belt shields: div20:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts