Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
I'm not saying they're the best, I'm just saying it's what I have around. I have other stuff around too. I just haven't messed with them yet.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Carlisle XS 802, no difference in RPM from the older 020. 035 is about 200 RPM higher , I think the 031 is very close also to 035. My 06 came stock with 035, but I ran the older 020 many times, but can't stop that belt from blowing apart & causing damage. So I run the XS 802 or run the 035 but have to add weight to primary. If you don't want to change any clutching the XS802 should be right on for RPM. Hope that helps!!
If you keep blowing th old 020 it could be caus eits short on the newer f7s. ? Idk when they changed 020 for 020 so it's just a potential guess. When I run a belt that's a lil short on my currant sled I blow em :bc2:to bits.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's definitely something to think about as I am currently rebuilding and going through one of my 03's tore it down to bare frame welded any cracks and basicly restoring it brand new engine minus case and head so when I go to set up clutches I shoiuld set them up for the new 020 since I can get them easier then just do the same for my other 03

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Idk. Like joe was getting at (IF) the center to center is diff. Which I don't think it is did they change the diameter of the secondary ? Sorry I'm not at all familiar with the cat cvt system and the things that were changed or not from year to year. I probably gotta take the old 020 down to cat dealer and match it up to something. Or at least go down there and start measuring . Or for all I know they already have an answer . I was hoping krom had run into this and had a definitive answer

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
C TO C is the same. The newer F7s updated diameters.........and belts......my hunch is like you say, when the 020 belt got "updated" it became longer to serve more model years and models......long story short....you can put the longer belt on everything and it will at least run. You put the shorter belt on and BOOM! Yes......I've done that too back in the XC 700 Days..........

·
Banned
5,902 Posts
It's getting hard to keep an
03 STOCK........
HahahaHhHahhahahaahahahahahhahahahhahhaahahhabahahaha!
Hahahahahahanahahahaha!
Hahahaha!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
8.25" primary,with same secondary on chain case sled, so C to C should be the same. Belts should fit all 03/06 chain case sleds.
8.5" in DD sled & then discontinued making the 8.5 & replacement part was the same 8.25

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Did some searching today and found an original never used old style 020. Which measures same as the old style I took off. Both are shorter than the newer deep cog 020. I also picked up a ultimax for f7 sleds and measuring real quick it appears this one is maybe 1/8 longer than the old 020. The newer 020 is a solid quarter or more. The local cat dealer was good to work with and we went through a bunch of cat belts (measuring etc) looking for a better option than the newer 020. There is nothing from cat that fits the bill. One had length pretty close but width wasn't great. It looks like anybody running a cat belt must be shimming the secondary to fix that issue which sort of creates a new one as joe said above. I'll get a lil more accurate with measurement and follow up as I continue to find a belt that works. At least I found one more brand new old 020 for now.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Lid2,
I have also ran the 031 & 035(stock belt off of 06 f7r). These belts are not as soft as the 020 & need more weight added to primary. They are great belts for trailing & the softer belt for racing. I can't remember if I had to adjust secondary to accomodate the 03(it's been awhile). Like stated I gave up on the 020, since I couldn't get 8/10 passes without it blowing(yes all aligned). So then tried the new 020, I didn't spend much time try to dial it in(I just couldn't get RPM & speed out of It, without possibly changing all my clutching). I then tried the XS 802 which was very close in RPM & performance of the 020(closest I found to match the 020). I also have a Polaris belt that is very soft/sticky, but pretty sure the Primary has to be shimmed to run it. So I have yet to try It, because i find shimming the Primary can go very Well or Bad!! Lol
I know you are looking for a direct replacement belt, you were very lucky to find one & A.C. dealer that was willing to help you.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. Ya this sled is in really good condition and will most likely have less than 4000 miles on it at end of year. (The kid rides it ) just trying to figure out an easy availible replacement. The ultimax maybe the one. It will be sold at end of year or beginning of nxt year. The kid likes the speed And loves the sled but he wants something more rider forward and bump compliant.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts