Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried the d&d belt deflection adjuster on their 05 f7, if so how does it work and does anyone have pic. just received my ods clutch kit and would like to keep the belt adjusted properly.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
HEY IF YOU LIKE I HAVE A BRAND NEW ALUMINUM ALLOY BELT DEFLECTION ADJUSTER FROM BLACK DIAMOND SELL IT CHEAP!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
The aluminum one from BD replaces the factory plastic one - So no more shims to remove or add - Just screw it in or out to adjust belt deflection - Once you got it were you want it , tighten the allen bolt that is supplied with deflector - They also make a tool that turns the deflector in or out/Opens the sheaves to change the belt(Very quick) + another tool to adjust spring pressure for rpm changes

Clink on link for pictures

http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Diamond_Dri...ccessories.html

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by bee1971@Oct 14 2005, 07:16 PM
The aluminum one from BD replaces the factory plastic one - So no more shims to remove or add - Just screw it in or out to adjust belt deflection - Once you got it were you want it , tighten the allen bolt that is supplied with deflector - They also make a tool that turns the deflector in or out/Opens the sheaves to change the belt(Very quick) + another tool to adjust spring pressure for rpm changes

Clink on link for pictures

http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Diamond_Dri...ccessories.html
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930397
[/quote]

is that the style where you have to drill a whole in the bolt, i know there has been alot of talk on the BD one. do you have the BD on your sled, if so how well does it work.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Yes i have it on my sled - I havnt had problems - I just went through my gearcase - Other then dark oil and some condensation(Show me a gearcase or a chaincase that doesnt produce condensation)i think things looked pretty decent considering first oil change in gearcase with about 3,000 miles on sled - At least i can say there was oil in there and not water and that outer seal by drivers(Thats a different subject all together)

However i did notice one thing in my new 2005-2006 catalog from HP Engineering
That Allen bolt doesnt have a hole drilled down the middle but they changed it - The threads are flat on two sides - So yes now it vents - Maybe you will now get the new vented bolt when ordering??? NO Locktite on that bolt when installing either - Scott

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
alright i just installed a aluminum sheave adjuster on my 05 f6. Im not sure what brand it is but it does have the bolt in the middle. So are you saying all the shims i had on my plastic adjuster are not needed anymore? If so how do i know when i hit the right spot? thanks

·
Registered
818 Posts
Originally posted by spez@Oct 14 2005, 08:10 PM
alright i just installed a aluminum sheave adjuster on my 05 f6. Im not sure what brand it is but it does have the bolt in the middle. So are you saying all the shims i had on my plastic adjuster are not needed anymore? If so how do i know when i hit the right spot? thanks
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930516
[/quote]

My questions exactly. Wasn't sure about the shims, haven't installed yet, little help? Thanks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
from what i understand using the d&d belt deflection you don't have to replace the secondary bolt, is this true. part# 200-005

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
D&D design is superior to BD's , uses same principle that D&D's and micro-belmont did on their std secondary adjusters, only one tool(small allen wrench)required to adjust, not large one(allen wrench) like bd's that requires two tools(adjuster spanner socket necessary also) :div20:

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by MzabF7@Oct 14 2005, 10:31 PM
I orderd the new one from Fet.. bros.. I will let you guys know when it comes in what I think...  :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930703
[/quote]
very good design also, still requires 2 tools though, other than that,,, :div20:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Originally posted by C-NOTEPLUSf503@Oct 14 2005, 10:33 PM
very good design also, still requires 2 tools though, other than that,,, :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930706
[/quote]

Nice thanks... I was looking around at the diff.. ones figuring witch ever one I got was going to be shit (just my luck).. I did not know D&D made one.. hum.. Anyhow I did not want the BD one (did not want to mess around drilling it, however it looks like they vent the threads now after telling poeple last year it was fine) and I saw the one from fet bros in .tech, looked cool and Dan said he was getting them in so figured I would try.. :dunno:

I know :blahblah1:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Originally posted by Hairy Bs@Oct 14 2005, 07:23 PM
My questions exactly.  Wasn't sure about the shims, haven't installed yet, little help?  Thanks.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930543
[/quote]

The Black Diamond Adjuster does not require shims

Here are the instructions - Scott

TSS Clutch Tool
(Reference #50021)
BD Deflection Adjuster Installation and Clutch Tool Use

BD Deflection Adjuster Installation and Use (#50034, #50035 and #50038)

1. Remove plastic deflection adjuster and shims.
2. Remove the 3/8"bolt that holds the secondary clutch on.
3. Install the aluminum BD Deflection Adjuster.
4. Install the new 3/8"bolt through the BD Deflection Adjuster.
5. With the clutch bolt loose, adjust belt deflection to manufacturer specifications with the small end of the TSS Clutch Tool.
6. While holding the BD Deflection Adjuster in place with the TSS Clutch Tool. Insert the Allen wrench through the access hole in the TSS Clutch Tool and tighten the bolt to the manufacturer specifications.
**NOTE: Clutch bolt must be loose to make deflection adjustments and then retightened to manufacturers specifications.

Changing the Belt (#50021)
1. Place large end of the TSS Clutch Tool so that the threaded thumb screw can be screwed into the BD Deflection Adjuster.
2. Be sure to position the three indexing bars into the three openings in the cam cover. Slight rotation may be needed to find the openings.
3. Tighten the thumb screw firmly.
4. Set the parking brake on the snowmobile.
5. Rotate the TSS Clutch Tool handle approximately 1/4 turn, until it locks open.
6. Remove the old belt over the ends of the clutch and replace with a new belt.
7. Rotate the TSS Clutch Tool counter clockwise until the spring pressure is released.
8. Unscrew the thumb screw and remove the TSS Clutch Tool from the clutch.
The clutch may not close completely because it may be pinching the belt. Work the belt to the outer perimeter of the clutch.

Further adjustment may be needed with the installation of a new belt. Refer to step 5 in the BD Deflection Adjuster installation and use.

WARNING: Engine must be turned off before any clutch adjustments or belt changes are performed. Make sure to remove the TSS Clutch Tool before restarting the engine. Failure to do so could result in injury. Be sure to tighten the clutch bolt to manufacturer specifications before starting engine.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
Originally posted by #1f6@Oct 15 2005, 07:46 AM
i don't believe you use shims with the d&d either.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930996
[/quote]
correct, you just loosen the adjusters allen screw, turn ring by hand to where ever you want, snug allen screw back down, done,,,, one tool required, that's it :div20:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts