Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To mesure deflection i put a straight edge from clutch to cluch on the belt and pull down at how many lbs? and what should the deflection be for an 05 900? Or am i totaly lost so far?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, i didn't realy set it up and messure before i came and asked but i think mine is like 2inch+. what do i need to do to fix that? Could it be a broken motor mount?

·
Registered
110 Posts
First make sure your secondary clutch is fully shut and the belts not sucked down in it, if it's ok check the center 2 center distance between the clutchs, should be 11 1/2", if thats ok you'll need to adjust the secondary sheaves.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
the easiest and most accurate way to make sure your belt is ridng where it should in the secondary is to have the sled on a stand, start the engine ,spin the track by use of the throttle and let it slowly spin down to a stop. DO NOT USE THE BRAKES!!!

then shut it off and measure deflection. I like to see at least 1/8 inch of the belt over the sheaves

·
Registered
310 Posts
I make sure the belt is out all the way in the driven and set it as tight as I can set it with the sled moving forward when the clutch is disengaged.

That is usually about 1 inch of deflection.

G

·
When you start the sled on a stand warm it up,give it a few burst of throttle.let it idle down and when it does,the track should want to move ahead a little while sitting on the stand.(not on the ground)

·
Registered
489 Posts
When you start the sled on a stand warm it up,give it a few burst of throttle.let it idle down and when it does,the track should want to move ahead a little while sitting on the stand.(not on the ground)[/b]
Exactly.
The track needs to spin slow. If it spins fast the deflection is too tight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.