Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I put my Dakota clutch in, the belt was not as high as this picture. I have put about 300 miles since instal. Is this to high. Should I put the thin washer back in? When on a stand, the track rotates kinda' fast; if I put my boot on the side of the track it slows an requires a bit of presure to stop. TIA

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Put just a little more in, until to doesnt coast on the track stand.

You are basically starting in the lowest gear possible, which IMO, is the name of the game. Higher the better in my book.

Pat

·
Registered
72 Posts
thats not belt deflection it is how loose the belt is, your owners manual will tell you how to check belt deflection

·
Registered
614 Posts
My belt seems to be riding in the clutch pretty good after taking one small shim out, but the belt has alot of pla when I push down on it. Should I take more shims out or no?

·
Registered
696 Posts
just by looking at the picture, you should be half way between where you are now and the "low" part of the belt. Maybe OK??

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Originally posted by catf77@Jan 21 2003, 05:09 PM
thats not belt deflection it is how loose the belt is, your owners manual will tell you how to check belt deflection
That picture IS belt deflec. just a differant way to measure it. I have never used the straight edge, measure down. Too many variable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
belt deflection should be between 1 1/8" - 1 1/4"look on page 6 of the pre delivary instructions it will explain every thing

·
Administrator
20,874 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind ... the comment was made about your track rotating while on a stand. That is NOT a bad thing. You just want to make sure that when the sled is lowered off the stand it doesn't "creep" on you. I would suggest the thin spacer as well.

Chris

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
I agree with LabonteF7, it's good for your track to spin on the stand as long as it does not creep or squeal when on the ground. This will provide you with the best hole shot.

·
Registered
404 Posts
How is that belt deflection? From what I understand belt deflection is how parallel the clutches are. I don't understand how, how high the belt is riding in the driven clutch can measure this.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Mine is sticking out about 1/8 inch-i had 4 shims in there,i pulled a .060 out.Anyways my belt deflection is
1 1/8"-measure your belt deflection,not how high its riding the secondary.If your sled doesnt creep on snow you should be in the ballpark.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I'd say that's riding a little too high and you'll probably hear it squeel sitting on the ground.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts