Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
it was an awesome though short season. we got 1500 miles, and could have got more. especially good below i90 as you know, and that shit was incredible. i am so hoping it goes that way again, as we have so much exploring to do . what we did this year was so good, and we got to drive less to do it. gt 1 ride on the new xcr, and at least i got that to check the shock valving and get some break in time started. can't wait to get the 850 fully broke in and pulling like a freight train. even at 150 miles it was hitting a 100 pretty quick. only gonna get faster. we had a warm start to january, but once it got cold we didn't get the january thaw. already had it in the beginning. gonna be a long summer, but mountain biking began last night , and that is awesome too

·
Registered
608 Posts
This year was definitely proof that you can't measure the quality of a snowmobile season based on snowfall numbers. I didn't get out as much as I'd like to have for a few reasons, but when I did it was great. As stated above, the best part was very little driving to get to snow. I parked less than 2 miles from home most days and rode places that I haven't ridden before. I'm pretty sure that I put more miles on my truck last year to get to snow than on my sleds. Hopefully next year will be as good..

·
Registered
VR1 850 129, VR1 650 129
1,548 Posts
If it wasn’t for the extreme warmup just before Christmas that melted 30+ inches of snow across a vast section on NY we would have had several more weeks or better of great riding.

let’s all be positive for next season.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I think this goes to show that you need cold temps more than snow. And it doesn't have to be block buster cold either, just cold enough for average temps and no warm ups. Of course you need a few below days to fire up the lake effect. But all in all average snow and temps are more than enough as long as there is no warm ups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts