Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who raises their eyebrows when people use "first sled" & "F7" in the same sentence? :huh:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Nope, I agree...dumb, dumb, dumb. Be it a 10 year old with "experience" or someone without a lot of seat time, it's just an accident waiting to happen. The 16 year old "Tucker wannabees" scare me the most...Marc

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is VERY Scarry... My cousin bought a ZL 800 last year as a first sled he's a big boy...And he stuck the thing in the woods a few times scared the hell out of me riding with him...

·
Registered
962 Posts
Yes

Also Yeah i have an F7, by the way I`m 16.

I`m 18 and this sled maybe to much for my age but Ive been riding a long time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Those two words in the same sentence gives me the jitters. I'm not saying that someone without much "experience" probably can handle a high HP sled without incident, but it's those individuals who THINK they know how to handle one (Because they rode their "friends, brothers,girlfriends, antiquated sled"- when they were younger), and that gives them the knowledge, talent, or skill to not eventaully come into initmate contact with any miscellaneous solid objects that everyone spends probably all of their seat time doing their damndest to avoid. These fast, nimble firecat rockets that we've come to love (and RESPECT), breed confidence in most experienced riders, but on the same flip of the coin can breed (what I call) STUPIDITY in other inexperienced individuals. That alone can get someone in trouble in a real quick hurry! This sled is NOT intended for those who haven't had long hours in the seat, or those who are apt to succomb to the temptations that adrenaline and speed can do to ones confidence (or should I say FALSE sense of confidence). I'm not trying to sound preachy, but I do know that there are certain people out there that shouldn't be considering owning one of these sleds. (I know all of you on this forum should probably agree with me, due to the fact that we've all been almost killed by one of them at one time or another). I definitely would never have considered a F-Cat if I would'nt have had as many years under my belt as I do (24yrs.). To cut to the chase, don't let testosterone get in the way, ride what you can handle, you can always work your way up the performance ladder. JUST A THOUGHT!

Shainsaw

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree with you 100% Wicked King!

There is a big difference between "keeping up with the Jones'"
and "sleeping with the fishes!"

If this is your first sled, or your tenth, just please respect it!

Once you get a feel for it and have no doubts you can handle
it----by all means beat the hell out of it----this sled can take it!

·
Registered
960 Posts
ivebeen riding since I was 10, im 14, any 1 younger than 14?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I"m 16 and it does not matter what size as long as you know how to control your self. The fastest i have gone was 95 and that was in a wide open field where i have riddin befor and know there was nothing there. i may how fallen off but that was jumping and they where not to big.
i'm a safe rider and stay far enough be behind the persom in front of me. although this is not my first sled it is the thrid one. SELF CONTROL that is all it is

·
Registered
221 Posts
i'm 16 have an f7 and have been riding since like 4 years old and this sled is wild and i love it i went out today in the powder and my dad made me sum jumps with his tractor and i was hittin them but some of the jumps i would not hit you just have to know your own limits

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm 14 been riding since i was six i've worked my way up on sleds started with a 77 panther 440 then i got 95 zr 580 and then 99ski-doo 380 and then 99zr500. Then i bought the F-5 standard green for $6200 with my own money. I've also raced in 2002 to subsitute and made all 4 finals when my friend got shattered foot. I may be young but i do know how to ride i do deserve and f-5 and i'm not one of those dumb fools and go's out and buys and f7 for first sled. I think the f-7 should be left to the people who will use the power and know how to handle it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
i'm 51 years old and the first thing i put on the sled was a tether switch , it's not fear, it's respect!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by ZLSS@Jan 16 2003, 09:05 PM
Tucker is 18- but it was his dad Kirk that was part of the team that created the firecat B)

And in his day, (and maybe even today!) dad could ride!! :) :) :)
How on earth did Tucker's age ever come into question in the thread? :blink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Snowhunter,
Finally, someone older the I am in this forum! I'm only 49. But I think the key is respect for the machine. I have friends who have been riding their whole lives that shouldn't be alive yet are still here and others who have only been riding for a couple and are very safe riders. There's no substitute for experience, but experience is not a substitute for common sense. Year 1 or 20 the F7 can be a very dangerous machine!

·
Registered
11 Posts
i was at my local dealer today talking to him about the f7 when this ladie and her just turned 16 year old son came in,the kid fell in love with the f7 as soon as he seen it,so of cource mommy bought it for him cash... :angry: Must be nice,but anyway the kid has never owned a sled before in his life and has only ridden a couple of older 440's..The dealer and myself tryed to convince the kid to go with the f5 but he was set on the 7..I think he has been playing sled storm on playstation to much thinking yeah lets get the biggest :D oh well not my problem..i must add though i havent been riding long a couple friends sleds here and there most of my life,i bought my first sled last year a 97 poo spx680 tripple all done up,the sled was very very fast i had it doing 110 on a old quarter mile strip where i live and that was pinning it and letting off,the sled was just way to heavy and handled like poo
i desided to sell that sled and wether you ppl think its right or wrong for a beginner to get a f7 is just your opinon, i know im getting a f7 either way.. if its to much for me at first which i dought,ll just use my head and not get into it..id rather see a new ridder on one thenhalf the drunks i see if your a responable person why not go with the f7 and just get use to it?Id hate to buy a f5 because im a beginner and then want the f7 the next year because it just isnt enough anymore...just my thought guys

1 - 20 of 48 Posts