Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got one of those phone calls today....trail closed due to asshole riders who can't stay on the trail. Seeing that I'm old, grumpy and jaded....I don't give a single flying fuck about the sledders being inconvenienced, in fact, fuck em all. And I'm tired of apologizing to landowners. The one in question today gave me the gears about not doing enough to stop trespassing from happening....should have put up rope, and more signs, and done patrols. Christ on a fucking cracker...should I camp out overnight too?
So now the "trail" is a couple miles of road running. Two other adjacent landowners are having same problems and if either one bails, then it's 7 miles of road running. I hope they both shut their gates....hell, I'll do it for them, and camp out there and show my hairy balls to every sledder who shows up wondering where the trail went.
People, wake the fuck up! And seriously....what is the deal with crossover and mountain sleds? Fuck right off! Those machines are not meant for this terrain, the snow cover or the fact that there is almost no where to ride in this area!
If you know someone riding like an asshole on your trails, punch them right in the fucking teeth. If you see one of your buddies doing it and don't stop him, then you are the problem too.
FUCK!

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 850 XCR
64 Posts
Its way to familiar of a story...More and more this is occurring. It only takes a few to do it and then it seams to open up the gates with people driving off the trails, Pretty soon there will be no more trails though private property.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Got one of those phone calls today....trail closed due to asshole riders who can't stay on the trail. Seeing that I'm old, grumpy and jaded....I don't give a single flying fuck about the sledders being inconvenienced, in fact, fuck em all. And I'm tired of apologizing to landowners. The one in question today gave me the gears about not doing enough to stop trespassing from happening....should have put up rope, and more signs, and done patrols. Christ on a fucking cracker...should I camp out overnight too?
So now the "trail" is a couple miles of road running. Two other adjacent landowners are having same problems and if either one bails, then it's 7 miles of road running. I hope they both shut their gates....hell, I'll do it for them, and camp out there and show my hairy balls to every sledder who shows up wondering where the trail went.
People, wake the fuck up! And seriously....what is the deal with crossover and mountain sleds? Fuck right off! Those machines are not meant for this terrain, the snow cover or the fact that there is almost no where to ride in this area!
If you know someone riding like an asshole on your trails, punch them right in the fucking teeth. If you see one of your buddies doing it and don't stop him, then you are the problem too.
FUCK!
We're going through the same thing here in Quebec. The root of it all is the lack of civility and sense of entitlement that seems to be permeating our modern society. Realistically, the sleds (crossover and mountain) are not to blame, it's the a**hats riding them. Like you, I think it's time for the entire snowmobiling community to step up to the plate and tackle this problem; if you know someone doing this, tell them to smarten the f**k up! Better yet, tell them to sell their sled and go ruin someone else's hobby with the lack of respect and common courtesy.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was riding last weekend in eastern Ontario and occasionally in the area I happened to be you would see a "private property stay on groomed trail sign" and sure as shit every time there would be tracks out into the private... between that and the beer cans left on the side of the trail... no wonder trails are getting closed. If you have a set big enough to carry beers and drink them while riding then you should have the balls to put the empty in you're GD trunk.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Hate to say this and may get kicked in the teeth…… but I seen a lot of the locals “Cottage owners and local kids“ engaged in stupid disrespectful and irresponsible activities such as you mentioned. Not saying Outsiders are angels but the problem is mostly right in your own backyard, Covid fatigue is not helping here either.

Wasn’t me... I am staying under house arrest.🤣

hear ya go... start swinging at me!🐸
🥊

·
Registered
Edge Fuji 800 Triple Star
612 Posts
never understood the mentality of “teachers” yelling and punishing the entire classroom due to a couple of them being clowns.

oh well, we will not need them anymore soon either...

·
Registered
509 Posts
items needed
4 x 8 plywood
Black sharpy

Write " This Trail is Closed Because some Fucking Asshole Won't fallow The Simple Rule of Staying On the Trail.
To the Offender YOU ARE THE CANER OF OUR SPORT FUCK OFF"
then screw some red ofsc Trail Closed Sighs on it to look professional.
Screw that to the closed gate and lock it.

The OFSC has all our e mail addresses. i know this because its part of filling out getting a trail pass so they can send me confirmation.
They need to use this a little better, as a communication device. If a trail in Huntsville gets closed every single permit holder needs to be sent an e-mail with the details of where and why. Not to warn riders of changes to the trail system but to educate and constantly remind everyone how the system works. This might not get to the asshat that is screwing it for the rest of us but maybe we can start pissing enough permit holders off that they decide to do something about it. Like volunteer and get involved.
We need more check points and authoritative presence on the trails.I know the OPP doesn't have the time.So its time for permit holders to take some action and get involved in this aspect.
Should we put the price of the annual PASS up and start offering a discounted pass ONLY to people that will put a florescent Orange vest on and to the volunteers like Toecutter?

What about when i go to purchase a pass in the Fall.
I should have to pass a 3 question test before i can pay for my pass. This is another way the OFSC can educate people if they ask the write questions as well as the simple answers. Not a five page waver that i can scowl to the bottom and click on "i Agree" and not read a word of it.

End Of Rant

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It unfortunate for all. With a lack of decent rideable snow most everywhere, the side by sides, jeeps, cherokee's, and atv's are using the trail system and wrecking it for all sledders. Saw an isuzu stuck just off the snowmobile trail near a sled parking area. No one in it and all the windows smashed. Just guessing the sledders didnt appreciate this idiot destroying the trail, but I got a grin out of it. In Michigan its $48 for a 1 year trail permit per sled. I didnt see a permit on the smashed windows. Some private owners closed the trails to all because of this and they have every right to do so. I drove to the yooper last week and saw a number of side by sides etc. being trailered home. $25,000 units on an open trailer now covered in road salt. ahhh brilliant!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hate to say this and may get kicked in the teeth…… but I seen a lot of the locals “Cottage owners and local kids“ engaged in stupid disrespectful and irresponsible activities such as you mentioned. Not saying Outsiders are angels but the problem is mostly right in your own backyard, Covid fatigue is not helping here either.

Wasn’t me... I am staying under house arrest.🤣

hear ya go... start swinging at me!🐸
🥊

No kicks in the teeth from me.....I could have been more specific I guess. I didn't mean to imply that it is "sledders" as in ONLY permitted trail sleds. I meant "sledders" as anyone riding a sled. So ya....could be anyone, but I'm betting that the anyone knows how to read a sign. I'm also gonna bet that they know damn well what they are doing.

With regards to my comment about deep lug tracks, etc, I stand by it. This is flatland county, with usually not enough snow in a regular winter to even require snowshoes for a walk in the bush. I've seen the backpacks with snow shovels in them.....what, do they have avalanche beacons too? These guys are looking for 'steep and deep' but that doesn't exist here. So when their machines are heating up (or not....), they are looking for a powder blast.
You want to buy into that style of sledding, or any other sled, fill your boots! Stay on the marked trail!

After my rant lastnight I got a text from one of the farmers with winter seeding. He wants me to come by today and see the giant figure 8's in his fields from Saturday. This guy is a major sledhead and longtime supporter of snowmobiling here...he is looking for any solution to keep the trail open. Unfortunately my solution is not legal.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No kicks in the teeth from me.....I could have been more specific I guess. I didn't mean to imply that it is "sledders" as in ONLY permitted trail sleds. I meant "sledders" as anyone riding a sled. So ya....could be anyone, but I'm betting that the anyone knows how to read a sign. I'm also gonna bet that they know damn well what they are doing.

With regards to my comment about deep lug tracks, etc, I stand by it. This is flatland county, with usually not enough snow in a regular winter to even require snowshoes for a walk in the bush. I've seen the backpacks with snow shovels in them.....what, do they have avalanche beacons too? These guys are looking for 'steep and deep' but that doesn't exist here. So when their machines are heating up (or not....), they are looking for a powder blast.
You want to buy into that style of sledding, or any other sled, fill your boots! Stay on the marked trail!

After my rant lastnight I got a text from one of the farmers with winter seeding. He wants me to come by today and see the giant figure 8's in his fields from Saturday. This guy is a major sledhead and longtime supporter of snowmobiling here...he is looking for any solution to keep the trail open. Unfortunately my solution is not legal.
The deep lug sled buyers are buying into the mountain riding lifestyle but live in the wrong part of the world to exercise it. They should either make more reasoned sled choices or move out west where they can live out their Chris Burandt fantasies. Either way, private landowners should NOT have to pay for the consequences of their misguided choices or dreams (ie. overheating sleds, sticking slides,...). Riding on private land is a PRIVILEGE, not a right and the thankless folks (some are older riders too, with normal trail sleds) who feel entitled to ride wherever they want need to get with the f***ing program!

BTW, to toecutter, thanks for your work and dedication to organised snowmobiling

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ever thought about using and installing trail cams up high in the trees...... The fines for
trespassing should be much higher like 1,000.00 and heavy enforcement, just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ever thought about using and installing trail cams up high in the trees...... The fines for
trespassing should be much higher like 1,000.00 and heavy enforcement, just my 2 cents...
If I may... trouble is unless you get a clear picture of the face you have no chance of making anything stick, and since everyone wears a (full-face) helmet...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
A lot of sledders just dont get it.... aside from road allowances and limited crown land....we are sledding on PRIVATE PROPERTY....someones hard earned domain..and for farmers their LIVLEYHOOD

They cant seem to wrap their head around the concept that these folks are letting us play on their property...for free....they get nothing but potential risk and trespassing.

All they ask is to STAY BETWEEN THE FUCKIN STAKES....that simple.

Im a lifelong BEAST club volunteer/landowner liason/member...SDSHSA before that...alongside Toecutter and countless other volunteers who do get it.......... still cant get my head around the callous disrespect...

Try fukin around like that on a golf course, ski hill or any other recreation area...yer done.

Im with ya Toecutter....time to sit in wait and deal with these asshats HARSHLY......and it aint no internet keyboard toughguy thing.....you trespassers wanna deal with us F2F..... Yer not gonna like it.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Its like dealin with criminals...which they are actually

Cops would rather putt around pikin lowhangin fruit .....instead of seeking out and actioning the real problems...just like the highways...so they arent of any help.

Postin signs begging them to not be asshats aint workin.
They will respect only one approach...Harsh consequences.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A lot of sledders just dont get it.... aside from road allowances and limited crown land....we are sledding on PRIVATE PROPERTY....someones hard earned domain..and for farmers their LIVLEYHOOD

They cant seem to wrap their head around the concept that these folks are letting us play on their property...for free....they get nothing but potential risk and trespassing.
According to our president at the last meeting, no matter if it road allowance, ditch, crown property, etc the club "owns" the groomed portion and unpermitted sleds can be ticketed for trespassing by police. They are however allowed to use the property, just not allowed on the groomed trail.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Wow.... What Passion!

Love’n It!

Reading this stuff I think of these:

You Dirty Rotten Scoundrel!

Go Ahead Punk... Make my Day!

my favourite... it’s old but it‘s the bomb!

Come... say Hello to my LITTLE FRIEND!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Pissin all over a lifetime of our hardwork and landowner relationship building ......

Yeah its passionate alright

·
Registered
167 Posts
In a perfect world, after having their asses fined, they should be made to go see the landowner and apologise mano-à-mano. After that, put them on land-use permission negotiations for a season or two; maybe, just maybe, then they'd understand all the harm they cause with their reckless and disrespectful behaviour

·
Registered
29 Posts
In a perfect world, after having their asses fined, they should be made to go see the landowner and apologise mano-à-mano. After that, put them on land-use permission negotiations for a season or two; maybe, just maybe, then they'd understand all the harm they cause with their reckless and disrespectful behaviour
I love this idea!!! Maybe just maybe that will get it through their thick heads.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts