Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm putting a new track on soon and think i sould replace the bearing in the chain case....3800k on the sled what ya think????

also do these come out fairly easy?? where can i fine ntn parts #'s for these bearings .

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If the rear oil seals are in good condition and you always have oil in the chaincase I won't worry about the bearings, they can last up to 10k miles. Got 8400 on my VE now without a problem. But they aren't that hard to change out, easiest way is to take the chaincase completely off.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
Originally posted by Marvs660@Oct 5 2005, 04:03 PM
If the rear oil seals are in good condition and you always have oil in the chaincase I won't worry about the bearings, they can last up to 10k miles.  Got 8400 on my VE now without a problem.  But they aren't that hard to change out, easiest way is to take the chaincase completely off.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=910516
[/quote]
You can't change the seals without removing the chaincase, and you shouldn't bother changing bearings that are working without changing the seals, so...

Remove the chaincase. The bearings are a serious press fit in and out. You will probably damage the seals in the process.

I do agree that with good oil and good seals, they can last 10,000 miles or more.

Be very careful not to damage the seals when you reinstall the driveshaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts