Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm putting a new track on soon and think i sould replace the bearing in the chain case....3800k on the sled what ya think????

also do these come out fairly easy?? where can i fine ntn parts #'s for these bearings .

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yes replace both jackshaft bearings.No it's not easy just time consuming.
Call your dealer for parts. :div20:

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
both in my prox where toast at 600 mile...... also the drive shaft bearing on the clutch was done also..

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Since i plan on gearing the sled and also taking out the rear suspension for a shock rebuild. How do i test the bearings. Like any other bearing.. feel for roughness, slop?
What the problem with these bearings going bad soo fast? sloppy, seizing??

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am also switching track and wondering if i should change the bearings, 3350km the clutch side bearing felt like new but the one in the chaincase felt a little rough but no play . Is it possible to get the bearing out and in the chaincase without removing it? is it a tight fit to the chaincase?.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nope desided to keep it a nother year.......

some say it can't be done w/out removing the case cuz there pressed in.....

hopefull i get lucky :beer:

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
If your going to be taking the sled a part anyway. Why not just change them now then take a chance? The bearings aren't going to cost you that much to replace. It's more of a time issue than anything else.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I took the chain case out it only takes 10 mins more then removing the drive shaft, the bearing came right out with a light tap and brass drift . I think my bearing went bad from water in them in the off season , the first owner wasnt much on lubeing things and it was stored outside. chain case bearing turned rough but the rt side drive shaft bearing was dry and rusty. I think If I washed the chain case bearings out with the oil seals off they maybe fine but for 35.00 I just changed them both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts