Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are going to take a day trip to bear brook state park saturday.Never rode there before is it a lot of straight railroadbed type of trails or is it a lot of turns .I dont have a trail map for that are does anyone know where to grab one or is the signage good enough to not need one.I have read some of the other posts on bear brook and it seems like a nice place to ride from and only and hour from my house and with some more snow tommorow night it seems like a great place to try.Any suggestions on a loop to ride or what trails to do would be appreciated.If anyone else is going there saturday let me know we have a group of 5 or so going and it would be nice to meet some other HCS members.
Thank You
Yamahoo

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
i'm heading that way sunday myself. as for maps i believe the store near the entrance to bear brook might sell them.
pm pekabu to double check on that though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The trails will most likely be pretty beat and rocky come this weekend if we don't get 5 inches or more on Friday. As for maps there is a gas station on the left hand side of Rt. 28 right before the entrance to Bear Brook if you are coming from Rt. 3 and if you are coming from the Epsom traffic circle it is about a half a mile past the Bear Brook entrance that sells map. It is mainly turns and wide trails until you get to the rail road bed in Manchester then it is pretty strait and flat, but there is some good riding in Bear Brook and maybe around Tower Hill pond depending on snow conditions, But usually Bear Brook trails are better if we have little snow and once you get out of the park it gets washouts and rocks.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Bear Brook has a 50/50 mix of roads (2 car wide) and smaller trails. The groomer there has a 10'6" blade on the front so it's not really tight trails. Right now there are a lot of water bars open. I was at Pawtuckaway last night and there is water in places I havent' seen before. The main roads should be good, the tighter trails will be weeker. I would suggest staying off Hall Mtn, I've heard that's a bear right now. More snow should help greatly. We kept a pretty good base, so other than the bars it should be good. As for maps, I don't know if that store up there sells them. I know Myles Gas Station, Goldenrod Restaurant, and Dave's Small engine has them. Our clubhouse should be open from 8:30 to 2:00ish if all goes well.

There are no RR beds in bb, we do cross an old one if you go south to the Tower Hll area. Signage should be pretty good, though we've had a bunch stolen or shot this year.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys.Sounds like it will be a little better with the snow we are getting friday.I will be riding a maroon Apex so hope to see some of you there.
Yamahoo

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Drove by on my way home today looked like he groomer had just gone out.

·
Registered
372 Posts
thanks for the info guys.Sounds like it will be a little better with the snow we are getting friday.I will be riding a maroon Apex so hope to see some of you there.
Yamahoo[/b]
From the reports I'm seeing I wouldn't be expenting much snow out of this one in the Manchvegas are...maybe 1 to 4 inches. Hell, I'll take it...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any links to clubs that take care of the trails in this area? Looking for parking options.[/b]

Club site is southern nh snow slickers (google). As for parking, there always seemd to be plety of room in Bear Brook at themain entrance. I think you can find this information on the state park website for Bear Brook.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Any links to clubs that take care of the trails in this area? Looking for parking options.[/b]
Bear brook has a huge parking lot inside the park for tow vehicles and trailers. If you go on Sat. the snowmobile museum is usually open to the public for a few hours in the early afternoon. You can ride up to it and check it out. There are signs in the park that will get you to the museum.

·
Registered
6,951 Posts
Rode there today trail where recently groomed, getting thin in some spots, but for the most part main trails where a 6 -8
we are all in need of some refresh snow..

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I rode there a bit this afternoon and was very surprised at how good much of it was. There is a good ice base that even the ATVs
are'nt hurting. One trail in particlar was thin in a lot of spots but all in all conditions were good. My first time there and Im glad I went. Definatly has been recent grooming. 6 inches more snow and it will be awsome . I picked up a S. NH Snowslickers map at the
Plaza store off exit 2 on Rt 101 that covers that area. I plan on checking a lot more of that area out. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts