Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob, Can you put a link to the thread reference installation of the skid plate. If some guys/gals missed it, they will drill through a coolant hose when drilling out rivet holes. I found rear holes on the new skid plate line up perfectly with the coolant hose. Even being careful I still managed to drill the hose, had to cut and put in a brass splice. It appears the only way to replace that hose is to pull the engine. I'd recommend taking off inspection covers and shimming between the hose and the alum plating with a thick piece of wood, that way when you get through the alum plate, and hit the wood you'll see the wood shaving and know your done; just make sure to take out shim when done......

Also noticed the outside edge plate for the exhaust side is forged improperly, it actually cover's half the exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah, this install should be done very carefully. Here's a pic for those that are going to do one. There are potential hazards on both sides...a coolant line on the left and a wire bundle on the right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts