Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Newport today. While having lunch, we saw a REV have a spectacular crash on Lake Memphremagog. He was crusing on the lake at high speed and appearently just lost control of the sled. It tumbled, and sled and rider were launched into the air, and did a number of end-for-ends before stopping. 911 was called, but the rider soon got to his feet and slowly walked off the lake. Afterwards we went over to look at the sled. The entire sled was twisted like a corkscrew. The guy was lucky to walk away. We looked around, but couldn't really figure out why he lost control like that.. Hope he had insurance.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
A guy broke his leg last weekend up here in NY. Endo'd his new Polaris on the lake. It didn't look quite that bad though. I'll bet that REV pulls to the left now...They should leave the high speed maneuvers to the Firecats. :blink:

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Saw two guys leave in an ambulance this weekend. Both were drag racing victims. One on the lake and one in a field. Guys were ok, but both sleds were totaled.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I hate seeing expensive hardware turned into junk. I saw what was left of a 97 ZRT800 after it hit a tree at about 50 mph. Nothing much salvageable. The rookie walked away. Good to hear it was not worse for the doo guy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Rob, Just curious if the guy on the rev hit a plowed path on the lake.(plowed path to get ice shanny's on to lake) Experienced this on lake Willoughby.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rob, I was on this lake sunday and I know why this happened. the lake is full of dips and ice bridges and as you travel across the lake it all looks level. 35 mph is the most you should go or maybe less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it WAS all drifted and rough.. but still I don't know what would have launched the sled like that.. Aren't REVs supposed to be "big bump" sleds? I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy, but I'm wondering if it was a mechanical failure causing the ski to come off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by teamarcticf5@Jan 29 2003, 07:14 PM
did the ski fall off or is it under the snow??
It was long gone. here is a close up from the pic I posted earlier:

·
Registered
145 Posts
I wonder if the spindle let go , maybe damaged from previous impact. A friend broke his Rev spindle early in the season caught a rut a fairly low speed, spindle snapped in half.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts