Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody....

New to the XC forum and have a couple of questions.. I just aquired a 98 XC 700 ( 2100 miles) with the 824 cylinders and was just wondering what a good engine setup would be (eg. carbs, needles, jets, clutch, (booster bottle yes/no)) for some good trail performance?

Let me know.. Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Check out MCB Performance. Had a 98 with their stage 3 kit. Was an arm ripping rocket.

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
The boost bottle makes a big difference on this sled really smooths out trottle response. Epi makes a great clutch kit as well. And if you put twin pipes on these your gonna have a hell of a sled.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
cut head raise up the comp to like 12.85 advance timing to 16 deg from 14. v force reeds clutch it . i ran 10-64s stock primary spring, erlandson black secondary spring 48/38 helix. it was a crusher back in 98 :div20:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
to bad indy head wasnt on here he had the same setup on his 98 also. jim f does a wicked head on these things. but too bad u have a hard time getting stuff back from him.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi there, nice sled. Have the same sled but with the 220's and I absolutely love it. My mods consist of this: SLP powerpacks - $70 but worth it, HotSeat boost bottle, MBRP Race can - Clutching - 10-64 weights (work best with the 220 cyls - 10-62's work better for the 824's) Red EPI spring or Polaris Almond (round), hot seat 38X helix with silver blue secondary spring in hole #2. I found that this setup has made my sled an adsolute feak! I was running an R-12 (50/36) polaris helix but it just isnt the same as the 38X. The progressive angle carries the low and midrange a lot more. I have also heard people having good luck using the R-11 polaris helix. If you want to use the polaris helix's its a good way to save some money - you can find them all over on forums for about 20-30 bucks. Another thing you can do is drop to a 22 tooth top gear. If you do, hold on tight! Good luck

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts