Hardcore Sledder banner

base layer where/what to buy

8K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  snowtime 
#1 ·
i just bought a new pair of klim klimate bibs and am new to the gore-tex riding apparel. i was just wondering what everyone is using/layering with and possible places to purchase this stuff. i'm located in mid-michigan and ride out of seney in the U.P. any help would be appreciated thanx

#6 ·
I wear the Under Armour Base 3.0 tops and bottoms for racing and riding.

I always wear the bottoms for any riding conditions under the pants of my race suit, but the top I will swap out for a jersey if we get above -5 celcius.

I have worn just about every combination of riding gear I can think of over the years, and this has been the best by far. It just seems to be warm when you need it, and breathes when you need it, like magic.

Buying a set for my wife for Xmas this year.

#10 ·
Champion and Starter make the same type of base layer products as UnderArmor for half the price. I've been wearing a set from Starter under my coat and bibs for 3 seasons with no mid layer and it works great. I throw a lightweight fleece mid layer on when it gets below 0. I think I paid $25 for both top and bottoms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.