Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swept off my car....kissed my snowmobile goodbye.....patted my wife on the head and crawled down the 400 to work...

When I left Barrie this morning the driveway was 30cm full of beautiful fluffy white stuff....It would be interesting to see what the area West of Barrie looks like late this week, and into early next week.

Anybody in the Collingwood Stayner area??? Got any snow reports???

T

·
Registered
241 Posts
I am in Mount Albert and woke up to 4" of dry fluffy snow, but my brother in Bradford just received a dusting.
Hopefully the temps stay cold enough over the next few days up north to keep it around.
We need everything to freeze up before too much snow falls.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
It's lake effect snow.... Very Patchy!!!! One side of the road might not have any, the other side might have lots.

Where i am, we have like 10 cm, but you go one exit down the highway and they have nothing, Thats the way lake effect works.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I know, I am just being a :postwhore:

I need to find out where he lives and go for ride in his driveway tonight.[/b]
Don't you live near Mapleview Dr. ? Buddy that works here ( where you picked up the seat) says it was just below his knees in his driveway. Yet at Hwy 93 at the north end theres still grass.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here you go bitches...LOL

ok so I lied its 26 cms!!

I agree all the way down it was varying amounts Here in Newmarket there is only 3 cms??? Bradford too...

alss I am saying is we got SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwoooooo hoooo

PS I don't need to lie about my pants... I am hung like a can of Tuna!!! :nudie:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has any one checked out the rail line up to orillia? Hows it looking? I'll be back in town friday hoping to head up the orillia as far as i can if conditions allow.[/b]
A friend of mine went late last night, he said there was lots of snow, but he could hear the rocks hitting his skies becasue there was no base at all. Its going to be a little warmer on the weekend, hopfully the snow will get packed down a little and create a base for the upcoming cold days.

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya this stuff isn't heavy at all..

You would be blowing it off the rail bed as you go...it needs a day or two or dampness and alittle warmer temps to dense up. This weekend should make it puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
FCC, we don't havew much in the stayner area prolly about 2 or 3 inchs at max. Some places, around have prolly like 6 or 7. its just where the wind was blowing tho.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Nothing in Collingwood 2" Even top of the mountain which usually gets hammered has nothing mabee 6" . If you want to run hard packed sideroads for some break in miles head up in the morning theyre all nice no salt and packed hard as a lake.

·
Registered
413 Posts
A buddy showed up lastnight, we went for a quick rip, you could here your carbides dragging in the sand and hitting rocks quite a bit, and lots of wet spots. Hopefully we'll be hitting the trails by the end of the month.

:bowdown: everyone pray for more snow.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A buddy showed up lastnight, we went for a quick rip, you could here your carbides dragging in the sand and hitting rocks quite a bit, and lots of wet spots. Hopefully we'll be hitting the trails by the end of the month.

:bowdown: everyone pray for more snow.[/b]

Mazda where did you ride??

I was gunna go out, but swamped with "Other duties as assigned"

Don't really know where to ride in Barrie yet aside from the trails which are closed. Can you rip around in the old Molson Park field behind the brewery? I always see it pristine and untouched 2 sq kms of powder and never see any tracks in it alllll winter... I walk my dog there and know thats there is no rocks/pipes/bars/unknowns....

just looking to find some fun places away from the PO PO's not that i have anything against the po po's they just ruin my good times LMAO!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think they posted a no motorized veheicles (spelling) signs there a couple years back, We used go there when I was teenager after school. You could get a good run down that stretch.

I ride in a secret undisclosed gravel pit in barrie. IE: Your not supposed to be there. When there is enough snow to ride, but the trails are closed we go there.

If you are familular with the trail off Hwy 90 just pass Miller Drive you can follow tracks all around that area, You can enter it off Miller Drive in a few spots. Just make sure to stay on the north side. The south side of Hwy 90 is swampy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts