Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the Barnes Corners Sno-Pals Trails from Barnes Corners to the Montague and Tug Hill Inn...conditions remind me of riding in April.

Mud and water in some of the corners like this pic on Horace Forward Truck Trail:

Water Holes are starting to open up...Worth Rd. Extension:

Worth Road between Liberty and Culpepper:

Salmon River Road looking north at Olin Road (by the Tug Hill Inn)

Where there is lots of snow trails are bumpy. There are some trails that are holding up...Tom Sawyer Truck Trail:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Thanks for the pics and update. Do you think Winona would be good on Monday? I am bringing my 8yr old up for a ride.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pics and update. Do you think Winona would be good on Monday? I am bringing my 8yr old up for a ride.[/b]
I've riden all of about 5 miles in Winona this year...last Saturday...lots of snow...but in the last week it's been warm and rainy across the Hill. If you are just riding Winona and Little John Forests my guess is you'll be ok. For good chow ride to Shar's for lunch if you can or hit the Sandy Creek Diner on your way home.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I didn't get up there. Hopefully this is the January thaw and winter will hit hard. I won't be able to get back up there till next Saturday. Always like the pics Saber. I like to take them also, it just seems to complete the experience. Aren't you looking south at Olin road?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't get up there. Hopefully this is the January thaw and winter will hit hard. I won't be able to get back up there till next Saturday. Always like the pics Saber. I like to take them also, it just seems to complete the experience. Aren't you looking south at Olin road?[/b]
Yup, looking south, my mistake...

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've riden all of about 5 miles in Winona this year...last Saturday...lots of snow...but in the last week it's been warm and rainy across the Hill. If you are just riding Winona and Little John Forests my guess is you'll be ok. For good chow ride to Shar's for lunch if you can or hit the Sandy Creek Diner on your way home.[/b]
shar's is the best for breakfast,is the lake effect still closed?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shar's is the best for breakfast,is the lake effect still closed?[/b]
It's open...there is a network of trails through the woods that run from from Blount Mills Drive and take you to Shar's and the Lake Effect

·
Registered
269 Posts
AHH!!!! Shars is closed for good.There is a for sale sign out front and when I was there snow on the deck.It sucks because I planned my day around that place.They had the best food and pies anywhere on the hill.I went there everytime I went to the hill.I was there dec 21st this year sry to be the bear of bad news.I like to know what happend they were always busy when I went there.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AHH!!!! Shars is closed for good.There is a for sale sign out front and when I was there snow on the deck.It sucks because I planned my day around that place.They had the best food and pies anywhere on the hill.I went there everytime I went to the hill.I was there dec 21st this year sry to be the bear of bad news.I like to know what happend they were always busy when I went there.[/b]
Bummer...it was a great place to bring the family for lunch.

·
Registered
2018 Sidewinder LTX/LE 50th
619 Posts
I've riden all of about 5 miles in Winona this year...last Saturday...lots of snow...but in the last week it's been warm and rainy across the Hill. If you are just riding Winona and Little John Forests my guess is you'll be ok. For good chow ride to Shar's for lunch if you can or hit the Sandy Creek Diner on your way home.[/b]
I made my way down there from the hill on Sunday.It was much better than the ride on Sat. up to Copenhagen, but that wasn't all that bad either. 180+ miles for two days I'm happy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I made my way down there from the hill on Sunday.It was much better than the ride on Sat. up to Copenhagen, but that wasn't all that bad either. 180+ miles for two days I'm happy. :thumbsup:[/b]
Hey how did the sleds hold up this weekend?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey how did the sleds hold up this weekend?[/b]
I brought up the wife's red F6 she ran like a champ , I talked to Gary in at Louie's on Sat. morning, I saw your truck at the barn.I would have stoped to BS and have some cookie's but I was leading 5 guy's up to Copenhagen, Talk to ya later Saber :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I brought up the wife's red F6 she ran like a champ , I talked to Gary in at Louie's on Sat. morning, I saw your truck at the barn.I would have stoped to BS and have some cookie's but I was leading 5 guy's up to Copenhagen, Talk to ya later Saber :thumbsup:[/b]
If the forecast holds up it looks like this weekend should be outstanding...you heading up???

·
Registered
619 Posts
If the forecast holds up it looks like this weekend should be outstanding...you heading up???[/b]
I can't this weekend, have to work Sat. My next planed weekend to come up is Jan. 25fth to 27th for the Booneville oval race. I might sneek in a Sat. till then.

·
Registered
120 Posts
AHH!!!! Shars is closed for good.There is a for sale sign out front and when I was there snow on the deck.It sucks because I planned my day around that place.They had the best food and pies anywhere on the hill.I went there everytime I went to the hill.I was there dec 21st this year sry to be the bear of bad news.I like to know what happend they were always busy when I went there.[/b]
Shars is not closed for good. Al and Sharon annually take Dec. off for Vacation. Yes, it is for sale and has been for a few years but it will be open bright and early tomorrow morning and regular hours the rest of the season. Believe me, I have a camp a mile up the road and I miss the hell out of that place through December!

As far as why their selling it. They are just tired of it and getting close to retirement. More than likely they will continue to run it until it sells and hopefully when someone does buy it they will have the same standards and great food as they do now.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shars is not closed for good. Al and Sharon annually take Dec. off for Vacation. Yes, it is for sale and has been for a few years but it will be open bright and early tomorrow morning and regular hours the rest of the season. Believe me, I have a camp a mile up the road and I miss the hell out of that place through December!

As far as why their selling it. They are just tired of it and getting close to retirement. More than likely they will continue to run it until it sells and hopefully when someone does buy it they will have the same standards and great food as they do now.[/b]
Thanks for setting that straight Vince.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts