Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has bar risers on a similar sled and how they like them. I do a lot of riding standing up and i think it would be better to have them. not sure what size and i really dont want to extend cables. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've got a set of Rox 2" risers on mine. Im 5'11 and I could have used another inch to really be comfy. I set them on the same angle as factory on the bar and I'll tell you they really helped the ergonomics on the long haul runs. (slides you back to the backrest without having to reach for it) :div20:

·
Registered
17,234 Posts
I got a 2" on my 02 xc8, riding a sled with low bars feels very awkward afterwards. Most of my riding is sitting down though. No problems with cable lengths with the 2".

But for standing up, I'd use a 3.5" or higher articulating riser , as the 2" is still on the low side for stand-up riding and also pulls back the bars.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Installed a 2" and a collar from an RMK/SKS to cover it up. 6'2"/280, find myself riding qiute a bit further forward with more knee room in the corners/rough. Used to run out of seat in back, sometimes actually sitting on the back rest. Now only back that far when cruising. Cheapest mod I've made, and the single best.......

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Im 5'9 and I installed a 3.5" nonpivot style riser. Its awesome, i ride standing a lot though. The bars only moved back maybe 1/2" or so, not really a noticeable defference, no extensions needed here on my 01 600 edge x.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
i had an 02 xcsp 600 and put the sportech ABR pivot style 3" riser on it. I loved it. i actually still have it with the pad for sale if your interested. also have a prox style handle bar that i put on with it. slightly straiter with no bend for the rise. it was better for my wrists this way. this is the only picture i have available to show how it looked. was my girlfriends first time riding a sled.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by 2002prox800@Oct 21 2005, 11:29 AM
i had an 02 xcsp 600 and put the sportech ABR pivot style 3" riser on it. I loved it. i actually still have it with the pad for sale if your interested. also have a prox style handle bar that i put on with it. slightly straiter with no bend for the rise.    it was better for my wrists this way. this is the only picture i have available to show how it looked. was my girlfriends first time riding a sled.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=945379
[/quote]

2002prox800,
PM me with the price of the riser and handle bar. very interested.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
3" Powermadd non-articulating $27.00. Perfect fit. 4" black drain pipe coupling to cover up the gap $1.87

1 - 9 of 9 Posts