Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I live about fifty kilometers north of Bancroft and the trails are done around here now until we get another good dump of snow.[/b]
Too bad. We were through there a couple weeks ago and was the best I'd seen in years. Not a rock to be seen on the maple leaf trails

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
most of those trails are good to go with 12" of snow. there is already a solid base so as the water dries, everything freezes up and some snow coming I see them open next week.

·
Registered
394 Posts
was up there on Wed and everything facing to the west was melted along the roads. Still have a base but will be all ice when it turns cold. Need a good dump of the white stuff to make it right again.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Was anyone up around there over the weekend?? Any news? Snow? What about the snow we're supposed to get today ... think that'll make things ridable? Here's to hoping! :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
1/2" or 1/2 a foot? LOL!

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
1/2" or 1/2 a foot? LOL![/b]
lol

1/2 inch at the time of posting. spoke to my dad, he took off a few hours ago, but I suspect they are right in the 5cm range EC was predicting.

there's snow on 118 in the webcam shot so they had to get at least 5cm so far. another 15-20 and winter is starting back up!!!!

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
That's my point, we need another 20-25 cms +, not 5.

Doesn't look like it's going to happen for this weekend either. :flush:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was at the cottage on Chandos this past weekend and there is still a base on the trails from what I could see from Hwy 62 and 620 but looks to be all ice. The ice stayed intact but will need some good cold nights to get it back to where it was.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I didn't ride up to Bancroft, but I was at our cottage on Paudash yesterday (Monday 21st) and the trails in the area around our cottage are pretty good! :thumbsup: It's clear that the guys have been out grooming, clearing fallen trees, and putting man-hours into clearing floods off the trails. My girlfriend and I just did a small tour around the Silent Lake trail, and rode up "E" trail to E110, and across to Cardiff. Only the middle of E110 was a little rough where some logging activities are in progress, but otherwise, the SNOW conditions are good enough to ride, and the more that comes down, the better! :beer_cheers:

Paudash Lake is completely frozen over, other than a thin spot near the narrows going into Inlet Bay (not un-common, but it's perfectly crossable).

My Dad & I are heading up there for the weekend on Friday ... hopefully there's been some fresh powder by then, make things PERFECT! :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
702 Posts
My Dad & I are heading up there for the weekend on Friday ... hopefully there's been some fresh powder by then, make things PERFECT! :smiley-faces7:[/b]
Well your gettin your wish.
3-4" inches of powder yest & snowing again this morning :coffee-n-news:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Be real cautious on the lakes, The levels have gone up and down twice now and the last meltdown was massive.
Sure to be ice ridges and heaves everywhere. Weslemkoon lk has several and with the fresh layer of gold they'll be hard to see.
We hope to stake it this w/end for the first time in years just to mark a safe path, not to invite anyone on the lake.
Stick to land for another w/end IMO. Bancroft and east down to the Moose should be good.
Conditions on OHSR and Mazinaw have come up but beware the low spots.

Cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks Tinker. I have camp near Gilmore so now the area very well. Have been up 4 times this year. Hope Limrick and the connecting lakes get staked. Running the land trails and roads gets boring sometime.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Be real cautious on the lakes, The levels have gone up and down twice now and the last meltdown was massive.
Sure to be ice ridges and heaves everywhere. Weslemkoon lk has several and with the fresh layer of gold they'll be hard to see.
We hope to stake it this w/end for the first time in years just to mark a safe path, not to invite anyone on the lake.
Stick to land for another w/end IMO. Bancroft and east down to the Moose should be good.
Conditions on OHSR and Mazinaw have come up but beware the low spots.

Cheers[/b]

We have recieved inches fresh snow over the past few days and its still comming down at the moment, the base in most places in the area was not hit that hard by the thaw and rain. I was on the E-101/1008/1006 towards McArthers Mills yesterday, the trails where in great shape, didn't hit a rock all day. I'm sure the conditions are the same the rest of the way to Bancroft. Looping around I heading back down towards Weslemkoon lk, the 1006a to the lake has been opened (to tanglewood marina) didn't go to the lake as I wasn't sure.

Denbigh lake was in great shape before the thaw, didn't try it again until just before last weekend, the ice ridges Tinker mentioned where there, and some slush close to shore. The colder temps we got have the lake in great shape now, its still not staked and the club still has that "Trail Ends" Sign up. Don't let that fool you Denbigh is accessible.

Tinker, if you need any help with staking Weslemkoon give me a call, if I can I'd love to help.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts