Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding my '03 Rev 600 for a while it will start vibrating (through the handlebars especially) during acceleration. It is especially noticeable accelerating up a hill or hitting it at around 40mph. Dealer looked at it and said all drive train bearings, track and clutch looked fine. I don't think he pulled either of the drive or driven clutches off to investigate though.

Looking for anybody who has had any clutch issues with their 600 Revs.

thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
Did you try replaceing the belt?I bet that you flat spoted the belt and that would cause a vibration.Also check the track out and make sure that it has all the lugs and is not riped or coming apart.How many miles do you have on the sled?Has the piston ring update been done yet?

·
Registered
237 Posts
welcome to the wonderful world of crankshaft bearing/rod bearing replacement.[/b]
Have ya been jumping with the sled and not letting off before landing?
Thats one of the hardest things on a crankshaft that will bend or put them out of phase.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd guess you have a bent driveshaft.[/b]

Before you jump to conclusions -- check your secondary clutch. On my 04, the secondary was cracked, and the vibrations weren't terrible, but they were certainly noticeable. If you can, try a different secondary on there, if someone else in the group rides the same sled, it's easy -- take off the belt and one bolt.

Worth a shot.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
bent driveshaft,bad,belt,or cracked clutch seems to me would vibrate all the time not
only after driven a while. I had a crank go-little vibration at first gradually got worse
especially under acc. when it was really loaded down then boom $1000.00 thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts