Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 2 days my F7 SP has been getting a bad vibration between 5100-5500 RPM. If you go slower it is fine, if you go faster it is fine. At first I thought it was trail conditions, because it was hard pack, but no. Today having the same problem in 5" of fresh snow. The feeling is like you are riding down a bare road with studs. It has 1200 miles on it. I looked it over on the trail, track looks ok, clutches look ok, no real signs. Was thinking it was a bearing, but that vibration usally happens all the time. It almost feels like the whole sled is shaking, I am wondering if it is the motor. The funny thing is it was worst breaking trail in the 5" snow. Any ideas? :huh:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RUSTYO. CHECK DRIVE SHAFT PROBALLY BENT WHICH RESAULTS IN CHAIN CASE BEARING.GOOD LUCK.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, but wouldn't that vibrate all the time?? I have had axial bearing start to go on other sleds and you can feel the vibration near your feet. I don't have a vibration there, and it's only at that certain RPM. Thats why I'm confused.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you mean about the belt? I did check it and looks good. If it had a burn mark it would vibrate all the time.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well just check the belt, no burn marks of any kind. Actually the belt looked great for 1200 miles. I did find my front torque stop was broken and pushed through the rubber puck. I will replace this and hope it stops. Maybe the motor is moving around and hitting the other stop hard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my buddy rides an f7 same thing track was not alligned also air pockets in the oiler make sure you have this recall fixed caused his engine to sieze up had to have it rebuilt

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1madcat, was yours vibrating all the time. Mine is only at that 5100-5500 rpm range, not lower or higher. I betting it is my torque stop I found broken. <_<

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Have the same problem. No Idea, I do know that after I cut my track down to 1" the vibration was less. The track also stoped rubbing on the top of the tunnel.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1madcat, I will check this out, I looked at the jackshaft bearing, looked ok, but that doesn't its not bad. I will change out my torque stop and try the sled before I start tearing into it. I will keep you posted. B)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, replaced the broken torque stop. Big $4.00 warrenty claim. Rode all weekend, and the vibration is gone. No bad bearings, belts, ice...Etc.
Just one bad torque stop. I take that anyday over some of the alturnitives. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts