Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my first ride on the F7 last week, I had problems with the sled cutting out, stalling and backfiring in the real rough stuff. It stalled 3 times, twice it restarted with one pull, the other time it took about 10 pulls to restart. I dropped it off to have my dealer take a look at it, and he has determined the problem to be the throttle safety switch on the handle bar. For the most part I agree that the switch could be the problem, however if it was only the switch causing the stall, why did it take so many pulls to restart the last time it stalled? Hope he's right, I'm just a little leary! :huh:

-bullwhip

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just did this to a 2001 ZR600EFI. He had the same problem. When you push the throttle, does the part of the throttle towards the front of the sled stay up tight the the metal bracket? If it doesn't, you have a problem. We just unhooked the wires to the kill switch for a temporary fix. To test and see if you have the right wires, pull the front of the throttle lever out towards the end of the handle bar. Then squeaze the throttle and see if it kills or cuts out. If it still does, then you unplugged the wrong wires. Try again until you can pull the throttle without any cutouts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts