Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering have any of you guys with a Fusion 700/900 had any problems with a bad t.p.s. ? If so what was the sled running like when it was going bad? and did you get a check engine light to flash and how many times?

·
Registered
262 Posts
my throttle position sensor went bad last weekend. it would not like to idle at first it would want to quit. then by the end of the day if you shut it off it would not start unless you held the throttle all the way closed. so finally we just unhooked the kill switch which is connected to the tps somehow and it was fine. just have to stop with the key now. it never flashed check engine light though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
where did you un-plug the kill switch at ?? Near the handle bars ,or under the hood some where? ,it is a good thing to know for sure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Rooster,

I too would be very interested in where you disconnected the kill switch (more detail) to allow the machine to run better if the T.P.S. is going bad. It might be a fix that will allow you to get back to where you started from without a tow. Please give us more details!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I doubt that disconnecting the kill switch had anything to do with the TPS. It sounds like you had an issue with your throttle safety switch in the throttle block.

I had a bad TPS on my '05 Fusion. It had a dead spot between 1/4-1/2 throttle openning and the engine would just cut out (like you hit the kill switch) let off the throttle or press it harder and the sled would resume running fine. When tested, it was fine at idle position, and at WOT, but had a dead spot at part throttle.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
I doubt that disconnecting the kill switch had anything to do with the TPS. It sounds like you had an issue with your throttle safety switch in the throttle block.[/b]
Ditto.

Connection for kill switch/saftey switch is under handle bar connector right near kill switch. Remove cover and you'll see it. Make sure to get this repaired ASAp or you'll have no fast way to shut down if throttle get's stuck or etc.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
The atached file is all I could find in repair manual doing a quick search.

I know the owner's manual has a page talking about this also and how to check if working correctly. Maybe in the 'Maintenance Section" ? I can't remember, but it's in there.

·
Registered
262 Posts
we unhooked the black and brown wires that run directly to the kill switch. like i have said in my other post i am new to snowmobiles so if it wasnt a tps i unhooked sorry i miss spoke. but it definately cured the problem. i rode it 200 miles since then and have had no issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts