Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys may or may not have noticed my absence lately. Well, two Saturdays ago, I took a bad tumble off of my F7 at about 60-70 mph. Broke my right arm pretty bad, and had surgery last week. I now have a metal plate in my arm :( . Had a Tek-Vest on and really think that it saved me from further injury

Anyhow it was my right arm, and I'm right handed, so daily chores have become very difficult for me. Just wanted to say hello and hope everyone is well.

BTW: Nick, got the T-Shirts, they look great.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Jay. I wish you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
188 Posts
good to see you are up and at it......hopefully if you go threw an airport with that steel plate a good looking security guard will frisk you!!!! :p
take care!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Glad to hear that you are okay. When I broke my arm the worst thing was how to wipe my butt with the other hand. Here is hoping you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay! :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
It will heal fast, I did the same thing on 1/31.

a titainum plate and 6 screws, you're back to normal (you did upgrade to the titainum hardware?) They took my case off two weeks after surgery. thing that hurts the most is seeing the sled totaled and missing 1 1/2 of riding.

and the coment about changing the hand you use to wipe your butt - atleast you didn't break both arms and have to have some one else do the wiping for you. :eek: :eek:

get well

Dan...

Arm1
Arm2
Arm3
Arm4

·
Registered
899 Posts
bummer dude, hope arm heals quickly

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hope you feel better soon Jay. !!!!! Dan , they are some nasty pictures!!!!!!
I feel about 1/2 sick looking at them :wacko: :blink: :wacko: :blink:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Jay sorry to hear that. Things could've been alot worse at 60-70 mph though. Glad to hear you're recovering OK. If you can peck out some more details let us know what happened. Take care!

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Well guys, he was going 60-70 on a lake around 3:15-3:30 in the afternoon with overcast skies, we all know that means white out, well I think he hit the only 3 footer out there, I was right next to him when he hit it, sled stood up damn near vertical, and when it tail landed it went past vertical enough to flip him off the back, sled landed on all paws like any cat should, so no sled damage what-so-ever. As far as Jay, he landed on his right side first and tumbled for about 250 feet, no doubt that the Tek-vest spared him broken ribs and internal injuries. Well must say, thank god for GPS and cell phones, gave the dispatch our coordinates and then splinted him with a couple wrenches, some black tape and my back belt, got him off the lake and the ambulance was there in about 5 minutes. Definetly made for an interesting Saturday afternoon. I think he's more pissed that he won't be able to get back on it until December. Brings you back to reality real quick. :wub:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Too bad about the arm ,that sucks.But what you
said about the vest I couldn`t agree more!!Woren
mine for the past four winters and cause of some
wrecks I don`t go out without on the sled.They should add
them to the price of a sled so if it would save one life it
would be worth it.
Cape breton stock......................

·
Registered