Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow came back to bite me! This sept called local dealer erics small engine in tupper lake, ny. gave him 2 chances to sell me a f7 but he said he couldnt take in my zr600 on trade and did not know if he could get me a f7. so i had no choice to buy from another dealer who did both, took my sled on trade and got me a f7, unfortunatley that dealer is 2 hours away.

last week i went to erics in tupper lake and told them look you know why i didnt buy a f7 from you but now i need to get the recalls taken care of can you do it? yea no problem eric says so i go thru all the recalls with the parts person and decide i need the recoil fix and steering arm ok when will the parts be in she said im adding you to the order and will be ordering those parts today. ok i wait a week and go check yea eric says the parts are in but ive only got enough parts for the f7s ive sold !you will have to wait for more parts! i explained that i was there when the parts were ordered shouldnt those parts be for me! he again repeated those parts are only for the sleds he sold.

now im pi##ed off i want to choke this guy but if i do i'll have to travel 2 hours to get my sled fixed!

should i be poed or is the dealer right?

what action should i take?

·
Registered
112 Posts
If he's only got enough parts to fix the sleds he has sold, he is obligated to take care of his "paying" customers first. How would you like it if the shoe was on the other foot, and you HAD bought from him, and he didn't have the parts cuz he gave them to a "non-customer"? Dealers are loyal to those who patronize them, your bad for buying 2 hours from home. :(

-Bullwhip

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so your saying i should not have bought a new f7 this year and waited untill he gave me zilch on a trade? would you wait ?
also that arctic cat dealer sign means he is supposed to take care of all ac owners Right?
so if im in minn. on a trip and i need a part but the dealer says the parts i have are for my customers! thats bull!
i just bought a 150.00 cover from him now i wished i would have bought it from dan oh but maybe he only sells parts to people who bought sleds from him! thats crazy

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
It's only 4 hours! There is no snow! Go back where You bought it! They will be glad to take Your money! He must not need it! Money talks Bullshit walks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've been through some of the same things as you because I'm loyal to a dealer who is 2 1/2 hours away. It sucks but It was your decision based on your financial situation at the time. You needed to trade in your sled to get the new one. The dealer knows his market and knew he couldn't sell your old sled so he wouldn't take a trade in. I would have made the same decision as you did and bought elsewhere but now you have to live with it. In my experience the best reason to buy from a dealer is the service not the selling price but that is a hard principle to hold to when you are shopping.

Good luck with your fix and hopefully one of the dealers will fix you up and get you on the snow.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i agree with the loyalty issue! if i had a trailer i would take it to him asap! to spare probs maybe he shouldve said sorry but your part didnt come in i dont need it rubbed in my face ok ill get second rate precedence! but so will he a trailer is in the future also a new pantara for the wife next year. so he lost out on the sale of two sleds accessories and maint. maybe some of the f7 owners recoils arent to bad maybe they wont be riding for a week but i ordered the part thru him the part should be mine.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Bigdog, it depends on your perspective. If you wanted a part from the dealer you did buy from and they gave it to someone else that didn't order from them...you would also be mad. This is a grey area, but I would say I agree with the dealer in this case and I wouldn't hold it against them...Marc

·
Registered
622 Posts
Add me to the list of guys saying that I would do what the dealer did. I would be truely mad if I went in to get my part (me being a loyal customer) and a non-regular customer got the part. With the updates, it would seem that they would order the amount of kits for the amount of sleds that came in. Just because you asked to order a kit and a supply came in doesn't mean that one of those were yours. Lots were ordered before. I would either wait patiently or bring it to where you bought it after calling and setting something up. My opinion only, not bashing on anyone.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
If you couldn't trade you should have sold your sled outright. The F-Cats came in later as usual for a new model so you could have sold your trade in October. If your gonna trade a sled to a new dealer do it early in the spring program. Then the next time you trade in the spring your dealer knows you and he will take the trade up to the deadline. I have bought 11 new sleds from my dealer and everyone knows myself and my wife by name when we go there. Its about repeat business not price. You can always find a better price but that price may be a short term dealer that won't be there next time you call.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok so what the consensus is if i go to a dealer and order a part and the parts comes in i still only get the part i ordered if none of the people who bought thier sleds there dont need the part. as for the part coming in not being mine, the recoil part was only made available that day, they ordered that day but when they come in the parts not mine thats bs.

i think ac reps would have a little different view.

at the least he should of offered to put on a new recoil rope right away so i can ride.
and for your info we have snow here ive put 80miles on already!

my money is green like all the rest ive owned stores for years and a customer is a customer. treat them 2nd rate and you dont have a business.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by BIGDOG@Dec 11 2002, 01:22 PM
should i be poed or is the dealer right?

what action should i take?
Hey Bigdog, you shouldn't ask a question if you're not willing to accept the answers you get...Marc

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
BIGDOG........if you ordered the part ......you should get the part.....I think these other guys are thinking the part was an in stock part or not a special order like you did........you are right, they are wrong....its their way of getting back at you, which is just a shame :angry:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Whether right or wrong. A dealer is going to be loyal to his customers as he expects the same in return.

If I was in his shoes and had to make a living off selling sleds, I would take care of my customers that buy their sleds from me before a guy that I knew had inquired about a sled from me and bought it from a guy up the road.

Sorry, I take care my sled buyers first...

If I was in your shoes I probably be pissed,, but after all said and done, I would understand the dealer.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
[/QUOTEIf I was in his shoes and had to make a living off selling sleds, I would take care of my customers that buy their sleds from me before a guy that I knew had inquired about a sled from me and bought it from a guy up the road]

Earl so what your saying is that you would be ok and you wouldunderstand if you went into a dealer and specifically special ordered a part for your machine and the dealer got it in and sold it to one of his customers he sold a sled to, you would be ok with it??? Let me put it to you another way...your on a sledding vacation for a week and you break down the first day....you go into the local dealer (which is not your own dealer) and you special order a part so you can get back up and running....you go into the dealer the next day to pick up your part and he informs you that somebody he sold a sled too had the exact same breakdown as you so he sold your part to him and your just gonna have to wait.....now what would think about that??? its plain and simple ......in stock part ...up for grabs...dealer can save it for his sales customers if he wants.....BUT...i walk into a dealer and special order a part.......THAT IS MY PART AND MY PART ALONE, ANYTHING ELSE AND ITS JUST NOT RIGHT!!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
THAT LAST POST WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A QUOTE FROM Earl McCreary Posted on Dec 11 2002, 05:55 PM

BY THE WAY HOW DO YOU USE THAT QUOTE THING??? :wacko:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by BIGDOG@Dec 11 2002, 01:45 PM
so your saying i should not have bought a new f7 this year and waited untill he gave me zilch on a trade? would you wait ?
also that arctic cat dealer sign means he is supposed to take care of all ac owners Right?
so if im in minn. on a trip and i need a part but the dealer says the parts i have are for my customers! thats bull!
i just bought a 150.00 cover from him now i wished i would have bought it from dan oh but maybe he only sells parts to people who bought sleds from him! thats crazy
I don't recall suggesting that you shouldn't have bought a sled this year???? This is a unique situation because this is an update which ALL F-Kittys need. The dealer knows EXACTLY how many of the parts he needs to take care of all the people HE SOLD SLEDS TO. If he knows anything about business, he will be sure he has enough parts to cover all the sleds he sold before he takes care of you, the "non-customer." I hardly believe that he would refuse to sell you any other part you ordered.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Did you special order a part or get put on the list of people who need the AC warranty fix? Each dealer is trying to get warranty work done for the sleds he sold. They will honor your warranty but the will honor the warranties of the people who bought from them first. If they had gotten more than enough parts to fix it, or you would have been ordering a part you were paying for they probably would've gotten you in just to show you how good they were and get you to buy your next sled from them.

In the end, it always boils down to "It's not what you buy it's who you buy it from" that determines whether your purchase was a success.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Firecat,

I would be pissed, but we all know, that probably the order was short shipped and he took care of the guys that bought sleds of him.

We have three AC dealers in my valley, if I went to the dealer in Boise, and wanted this done. I would be behind all of the guys that he sold sleds too, both when the parts came in and the shop time.

Still stand I understand the dealer. There is not much mark up in sleds and you take care of the people that buy off you. I know you should take care of all customers, but if it comes to the guy coming off the street or your loyal customer, the guy coming off the street is in the back of the line... So be it.

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Call the dealer you bought your sled from and I would bet he has a extra one (yours) and have him mail it to you. Put it on yourself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts