Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have about 140 miles and i was running today and the sled shut down no lights nothing. waited a few mins started back up white smoke shut off and pulled plugs mag side had anti-freeze on plug pto side fine both heads about the same temp in touch. head gasket or melt down? taking to dealer monday :(

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wouldn't my temp light come on? has anybody else have this happen? like i said, sled was running great it just shut off like someone hit the kill switch.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
temp light wont come on if coolant system airlocked, sounds strange but one guy reported it happened to him with 1,000 miles on it?
i always check my boards to make sure thier warm and coolant is flowing, sounds like a pain but its worth for the luxury of having a f-cat!!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the smart valve update was done and i listen to you guys and check boards and rear exchanger before riding. the weird thing is i rode about 25 miles stopped for 1/2 hour started back up(check boards,exchanger) and took off about 4 miles, then shut down the outside temp was 29 and this was in michigan. full tank of fuel and even added anti freeze just incase if water. on my 02 800efi i've had and o-ring let loose but i thoughtr that was a rare. i like this forum for the info thanks rob and everyone with the great wisdom! :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts