Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading that some people had some leakage coming from the back-side of the chaincase behind the upper bearing/gear. I'm wondering what the dealer came up with as the problem.... bearing(#32) or O-ring seal(#30)? Thanks.
-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,976 Posts
This has been a cat problem for years. I don't think there is a real good fix. I know my dealer tries either a new bearing / o ring or both with mixed results.

Cat S.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,927 Posts
They all leak, you just didn't notice it before on the black belly pan. My 01 zr was fixed 5 times, never solved. Now my 02 zr does it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
mine leaks on my f7 and its not the case seal because there is no oil in my red bellypan. Must be the bearing on th lower shaft. Oh well get it fixed when the snow melts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Sabercatsnopro@Jan 29 2003, 12:43 PM
mine leaks on my f7 and its not the case seal because there is no oil in my red bellypan. Must be the bearing on th lower shaft. Oh well get it fixed when the snow melts
Sabercatsnopro,

I never thought it was the case seal. The case seal would be leaking down/from the front. All of the people that are experiencing leakage is coming from the rear of the chaincase.
-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Dealer says they are replacing leaky chaincases with a new case that seals under warranty. Supposedly coming out later in the season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Redteam7@Feb 2 2003, 06:05 PM
Dealer says they are replacing leaky chaincases with a new case that seals under warranty. Supposedly coming out later in the season.
Redteam7,

"a new case that seals "

Could you do me a favor and ask your dealer about this more in-depth... a new case?? Thanks.
-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,153 Posts
My F7 had a leak at the jackshaft on the back side of chain case. When the dealer checked it out there was no o-ring on the bearing. I have not had a leak since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
The jackshaft seal is leaking on my standard F7. Enough so that it getting flung around and making a mess and I don't like the thought of it getting on the brake disk. I checked a friends snopro f7 and not a drop of oil. Tonight I will bring it to my dealer and see what they can do about it and I'll let you guys know what they say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by tlizard@Feb 3 2003, 11:14 AM
The jackshaft seal is leaking on my standard F7. Enough so that it getting flung around and making a mess and I don't like the thought of it getting on the brake disk. I checked a friends snopro f7 and not a drop of oil. Tonight I will bring it to my dealer and see what they can do about it and I'll let you guys know what they say.
tlizard,
Please do....
Thanks!
-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Had the same problem. Dealer siliconed the seal(new) and haven't had a problem since. 400 miles since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
I had the same problem with my wifes f7 it was leaking right through the center of the lower bearing.My 800 cc was also leaking but from the upper bearing had them both repaired so far no leaks .The f7 has been trouble free so far except for the clutch plug fell out of the belly pan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by coug@Feb 4 2003, 07:53 AM
I had the same problem with my wifes f7 it was leaking right through the center of the lower bearing.My 800 cc was also leaking but from the upper bearing had them both repaired so far no leaks .The f7 has been trouble free so far except for the clutch plug fell out of the belly pan.
coug,

What exatly did they repair to take care of the leak on the F7??
-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
I will call today jleo
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top