Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 ZR 600 EFI LE and am thinking about backing down 1/8" on the oil pump. Has anyone done this and did you notice a difference? Also, how exactly do I go about doing it? Sled seems to run on the rich side and plugs are pretty black. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hawk

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Just check your oil injection setting and make sure it is set properly. Follow the throttle cable to the oil pump and see if the two marks line up at idle and wide open throttle. This is best done with a small mirror and a good light. Even a small misadjustment changes the oil flow a great deal. Unless you like putting new piston rings and possibly new pistons in every year, don't reduce the oil setting from stock.

·
Registered
636 Posts
the 2001 zr 600efi le has a rod going down to the oil pump. i was running spectro power valve oil and turned my pump down so the marks are about 1/8 from lining up. its a bitch to adjust without the special cat wrench, but it can be done. also with the rod style pump it is posible to have the pump go under center and swing aroundd the wrong way. it wont burn up but the throttle will hang up at half throttle some times and it will chug the oil. trust me i learned the hard way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts