Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Im looking for some too

Ive heard alot of the montains in NH are really good, I dont know though, ive never been there

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
All the mountains here are are full of trees, except for about 2 (at least that i know of) that are up around the Coleman State Park area. Does any one know where we could find some nice open hills with lots of snow and a minimal amount of trees? I'm thinking norther Maine might be like that but i dont know since I've never ridden up there.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
If they are big enough for a lot of sleds this winter I will tell you but I think a new friend I met here is gonna show me a few places or we will find them on our own. I have been told a few nice places to play in. Maybe me and zrider600 and prox16 will go explore those places some day since zrider has a camp really really close to mine. I started a thread some what like this one awhile back http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...showtopic=93003

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by braaap11889@Oct 1 2005, 12:26 PM
If they are big enough for a lot of sleds this winter I will tell you but I think a new friend I met here is gonna show me a few places or we will find them on our own. I have been told a few nice places to play in. Maybe me and zrider600 and prox16 will go explore those places some day since zrider has a camp really really close to mine. I started a thread some what like this one awhile back http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...showtopic=93003
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902659
[/quote]

you can tell me i ride with zrider600

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
There are a few open spots, but you have to be carefull because sometimes those open areas have been clear cut by logging operations and the next thing you know your eating a stump!! :dunno: :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
There are some good spots up around Jackman Me. Can't tell you how to get there though as I've found them on my own the last couple of years riding up there.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Originally posted by coolx2@Oct 1 2005, 05:51 PM
There are some good spots up around Jackman Me. Can't tell you how to get there though as I've found them on my own the last couple of years riding up there.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902913
[/quote]

Trust me you are definitly not the only one that knows about these places. I ride with a group called Jackman Airforce and we ride those areas once a week and we know many out there actually we probably know 90% of the good rideable powder and backcountry sections up there. Since I rarely go up to jackman now I ride NH backcountry.

Originally posted by NHSLEDDING@Oct 1 2005, 06:45 PM
I could tell yeah,  but i would have too kill yeah  :beerchug: 

Just Kidding. I have no clue.LOL 

Let me in on it too
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=902969
[/quote]

Sorry secret for now since I would hate to have these places closed or ruined or used before me. I bet I'm not the only one that uses these places but I hope I am.

·
Registered
531 Posts
come on, hook me up!! I know a few places, found one in errol once, but, am looking for a place for some nice open deep riding, or a place to set up some jumps or something. I also started a topic like this one, but... got nothing in return! I'm on my knees here someone hook me up with some areas!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Hey I ride with ZRider600, prox16, and fastrider too. Had a couple good back country rides last winter, but I think it was a poor year for the most part. Wasn't enough early powder to get on.

I've ridden lots of back country in the Jackman area and northern NH. Best spots I've ever found were on accident. Pick a logging road and just go. Often freshly clear cut areas are the best, especially come March when the snow is settled and you have little worry of going through to a stump or big boulder.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
If anyone ever needs some space to build a jump come to akers pond. Its not used for conecting major trails so you can build a nice one and not have to worry about other people hitting it. We use our lake property as a acces to the lake for us and our friends. You can't miss it its next to a small boat house/shed and there are tons of tracks around it. If you take a left at the road my camp is the first on the right with the huge garage/bunkhouse out back.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
SOuth of kacajo there is some nice stuff , headed towards brownville, some is unmarked groomed trail , some is unmarked ungroomed logging road, depends when ya hit , obviously after a fresh snow its atits best

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Originally posted by stevefromwestford@Oct 2 2005, 06:46 PM
SOuth of kacajo there is some nice stuff , headed towards brownville, some is unmarked groomed trail , some is unmarked ungroomed logging road, depends when ya hit , obviously after a fresh snow its atits best
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=904257
[/quote]
Road those alittle last year. Before the trails officialy opened in NH last year me my dad and all our riding buddies rode unplowed logging roads and some unmarked trails. We got busted by the warden about 500 yard from our trailers and trucks. My dad was pissed the warden didn't ticket me (minor is the only reason I can think of) but my dad, cousin, and the 2 other guys that we rode with got stuck with a 125 dollar fine for each of them.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hey braap, what ya guna be riding this year, prox or sks...
Hey mozisek, good to see ya joined up, with any luck we'll get ya in some powder on the new sled, who knows maybe all of these fields in Unity won't be posted.... make for some good jumping and powder riding i would think..

Well later guys...

O ya It snowed on Mt. Washington the other day...almost time, to bad my sled has to be torn down some,( shocks and rear suspension re-configuration)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts