Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody wear the Back Thing by RU Outside or something similar? It seems a bit pricey. I was thinking of it for sleds and also long drives in the car (get a sore lower back). Any comments? Thanks Marc.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have one that does the same thing . I would not
ride with out it ! I all so use it when I have to drive
a long way . It realy makes a big diff.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I AGREE THE BACK THING WORKS AWESOME. I WILL NEVER RIDE WITHOUT IT . AFTER YOUR FIRST RIDE YOU,LL WONDER HOW YOU GOT ALONG WITHOUT ONE. THE ONLY THING I HAVE APROBLEM WITH IS THAT WHEN YOU ARE REALLY WORKING THE SLED ,RIDING HARD YOU TEND TO SWEAT A LOT IN THE AREA WHER THE BELT GOES ON YOU . I KNOW THEY OFFER ONE WITH VENT HOLES &THIS IS SUPPOSED TO HELP WITH THIS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've worn the 'back thing' while sledding for many years now. I think it is well worth the money. Keeps an old fart like me in the saddle ^_^ :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
I use a similar back brace and it works well. Those days that get up over 300 miles really show the difference. Reduces the tired muscles. And Rob, I say 3 cheers for us old farts :lol: :lol: :lol: . Its usually the young squirts that are complaining the most at the end of a long day.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
i always were my back brace.i broke my back in 1984
i was only 27...thought it would never bother me
now i need it when i ride. i highly recomend them. B)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by skikvt@Jan 16 2003, 09:31 AM
Rob and Spud,
Just how old are you guys?
50 years young. First Cat in '69 and still loving it. I'm the youngster in the group I ride with. 56,60,52,73 and don't get in front of the 73 as he will just have to pass you. Had 470 miles on one night and instead of going to the hotel after gassing up he went back down the trail 20 miles and back to get 500 on. :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hade one when i rode the machZ, very good to protect your back when you do havy lifting :D
Now i can lift my sleed in the fron with out the back protection :)

Seriously i think it's nice to have on long rides.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I've rode with it after my very first paradise mogul trip way better and feel the same way ZRBEAR does ,cant ride without it. Compared to my axo motocross belt its more comfortable more adjustable too.

Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts