2,133 Posts
What's the point of hangin off the back of the sled? :dunno:

I would think you would want to sit forward and tuck behind the screen

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
What's the point of hangin off the back of the sled? :dunno:

I would think you would want to sit forward and tuck behind the screen[/b]
i always thought that myself... i know it helps with traction off the line but after you get going your just creating drag. i find myself doing that sometimes but most of the time after i get moving i tuck down behind the screen.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
looks good, i had a great time, we did about 350-400 miles on the trails, did some racing, great times. i took out a few xp's and some took me out, lot of quick sleds up there for sure.

good time new years as well

XFT!!

·
Premium Member
59,458 Posts
ccol------i saw a bunch of dudes on the ice---------as i rode by!

G

·
results...i raced alot of sleds and only lost to the f1000....my dads mach z would not catch up to me until about 80 mph...but after that the mach z would be gone. Yes when u race ur not suppose to lift the skis...it may look like u have alot of hp which is causing ur skis to go up but it reallly doesent....U are better off siting on the seat with weight towards the back of the sled so u can have traction. Then when u take off u should transfer the weight so that u are under neath the windshield....This is what i was told...I dont know if it is all rite but it is what i hered.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
results...i raced alot of sleds and only lost to the f1000....my dads mach z would not catch up to me until about 80 mph...but after that the mach z would be gone. Yes when u race ur not suppose to lift the skis...it may look like u have alot of hp which is causing ur skis to go up but it reallly doesent....U are better off siting on the seat with weight towards the back of the sled so u can have traction. Then when u take off u should transfer the weight so that u are under neath the windshield....This is what i was told...I dont know if it is all rite but it is what i hered.[/b]
When I raced 2 Mach Z 1000's, I stood back at the take off and jumped forward after we took off, after 1500' or so i was ahead by several sled lengths. Not impressed with the Mach Z's......

·
Registered
213 Posts
When I raced 2 Mach Z 1000's, I stood back at the take off and jumped forward after we took off, after 1500' or so i was ahead by several sled lengths. Not impressed with the Mach Z's......[/b]
I was racing around there Sunday with my Mach Z. I'm not sure when you were racing but I can tell you there were no XP's or SRXs in front of me at the end of the lake. What kind of sled are you running?

There were some very impressive XPs, especially the boys from CT, however they are not Mach Z killers yet. A good running Mr. Nasty is hard to beat, ask the XP boys.

Marco Philippon

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I was racing around there Sunday with my Mach Z. I'm not sure when you were racing but I can tell you there were no XP's or SRXs in front of me at the end of the lake. What kind of sled are you running?

There were some very impressive XPs, especially the boys from CT, however they are not Mach Z killers yet. A good running Mr. Nasty is hard to beat, ask the XP boys.
Marco Philippon[/b]
Local dragging at an airstrip. Not Back lake. I was "fishing'' you know???

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
for what its worth i beat a few mach z's and got beat by a few, the mach are funny sleds, if they are stock as a rock or done to the hills its all how its done. i also beat a few xp's and got beat by a few xp's some stock, some done up. mines a trail sled tho. hehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts