Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

I participated in alot of racing this past weekend and will provide you my perspective on what I observed on the Ice side and the snow side.

First of all, we were very fortunate to have ben able to run on the lake as mother nature was not cooperating early this season.

Ice racing:

We got up there Thursday evening and rolled our Pro Stock 1000s (CK3 Doos) onto the excellent track that Ted Jennetty and his son had been maintaining all week. If you have not met Ted Sr. you should he is a gentleman in every respect. Ted Jr....awesome job driving, that's one hairy ride. Hands down Ted's boosted RX-1 is the king in 660. My brother observed a 131 MPH radar recorded run in what appeared to be about 680 feet....impressive. Chad Olivers 1404 was next in line then our 1000ps Doos. Saturday racing left our Pro Stocks in the trailer as we did not get a parking spot on that side of the lake so we just ran the trail junks Saturday.

Snow Racing:

WOW Lots of fun out there. I've got a nearly stock 05 Mach Z (Bikeman domes & pipe mod). Sorry to say that the F-1000s are not beating the Machs in short or long runs. I had only 1 F-1000 pass me at the very top (Bosssho), I know why I'm losing a bit on the top and will fix it this week. Lots of F-1000s out there for sure. Raced a Cutler 1000 F-7. That thing had some impressive top end, passed me like I was tied to a tree. F-7s are stil impressive for 700s. Some ZR 900s were running well including my weekend long racing buddy Pistol Pete.

Glad to see Roy and Chad Oliver. It's always good seeing them. They race and tell it like it is. Gentlemen.

Well that's what I saw. How about the others that were there? Let's share what we observed. Who and what was fast?

Marco Philippon

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well,

I participated in alot of racing this past weekend and will provide you my perspective on what I observed on the Ice side and the snow side.

First of all, we were very fortunate to have ben able to run on the lake as mother nature was not cooperating early this season.

Ice racing:

We got up there Thursday evening and rolled our Pro Stock 1000s (CK3 Doos) onto the excellent track that Ted Jennetty and his son had been maintaining all week. If you have not met Ted Sr. you should he is a gentleman in every respect. Ted Jr....awesome job driving, that's one hairy ride. Hands down Ted's boosted RX-1 is the king in 660. My brother observed a 131 MPH radar recorded run in what appeared to be about 680 feet....impressive. Chad Olivers 1404 was next in line then our 1000ps Doos. Saturday racing left our Pro Stocks in the trailer as we did not get a parking spot on that side of the lake so we just ran the trail junks Saturday.

Snow Racing:

WOW Lots of fun out there. I've got a nearly stock 05 Mach Z (Bikeman domes & pipe mod). Sorry to say that the F-1000s are not beating the Machs in short or long runs. I had only 1 F-1000 pass me at the very top (Bosssho), I know why I'm losing a bit on the top and will fix it this week. Lots of F-1000s out there for sure. Raced a Cutler 1000 F-7. That thing had some impressive top end, passed me like I was tied to a tree. F-7s are stil impressive for 700s. Some ZR 900s were running well including my weekend long racing buddy Pistol Pete.

Glad to see Roy and Chad Oliver. It's always good seeing them. They race and tell it like it is. Gentlemen.

Well that's what I saw. How about the others that were there? Let's share what we observed. Who and what was fast?
Marco Philippon[/b]
I was only there for Saturday, but I would have to agree with Marco, the new F-1000 are not getting it done against the Mach z's. I had a chance to run Marco's and his brother's (Guy) Mach Z's, and I must say I was impressed they go good, as I was among the front runners every pass on them. I must also say I was impressed with Pistol Pete's ZR900, it performs very well for what they call outdated. I wish I could of run somemore with my T-cat but I melted a piston mid day and was out for the count.

As for the ice racing, Ted did a great job with the track, and that Turbo rig is VERY impressive. I only observed a hand full of ice passes but there where also some quick rev's running. Rob K has a new runner, very impressive!
Well hopefully we will be able to hit Turkey pond soon for weekends full of racing. :div20:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
What is the ice thickness?[/b]

I heard anywhere from 6-10in. The ice did make alot of funny sounds though. However there was a buttload of sleds this weekend on the lake and nobody went thru. Bunch of fast sleds and cool people= a great time.

I watched(from behind) the F7 joker with the Cutler 1000 reel in some very fast sleds after a bad launch, good 2500+ft run. Very impressive, insane top end, beautiful sled.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I heard anywhere from 6-10in. The ice did make alot of funny sounds though. However there was a buttload of sleds this weekend on the lake and nobody went thru. Bunch of fast sleds and cool people= a great time.

I watched(from behind) the F7 joker with the Cutler 1000 reel in some very fast sleds after a bad launch, good 2500+ft run. Very impressive, insane top end, beautiful sled.[/b]
Thanks, Indy! Is it the same deal next weekend?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Racing was awesome, had a good times with friends. Teds sled was awesome -- thanks for the track and up keep, and taking care the Pistol Pete Team for parking very THANKFUL! Hope to see you at Turkey Pond soon... Steve Also Ted Jr. great piloting the sled!! :div20: :div20:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello fellas. I think I need to right the wrong here on this post.Marco stated that Ted Jannettys Turbo RX1 was the king of Back lake on friday the 29th. If no one is going to give Chad Oliver his due then I'll do it. They raced twice, and both times Chad Olivers Thunder Cat beat the Yamaha. Chad works as hard as anyone on his sleds and I think it's a slap in the face for none of you to tell it like it was. Thats the problem with lake racing, no one loses. Chad Olivers sled is the sled to beat after round one. Thats the fact Jack! :beer:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hello fellas. I think I need to right the wrong here on this post.Marco stated that Ted Jannettys Turbo RX1 was the king of Back lake on friday the 29th. If no one is going to give Chad Oliver his due then I'll do it. They raced twice, and both times Chad Olivers Thunder Cat beat the Yamaha. Chad works as hard as anyone on his sleds and I think it's a slap in the face for none of you to tell it like it was. Thats the problem with lake racing, no one loses. Chad Olivers sled is the sled to beat after round one. Thats the fact Jack! :beer:[/b]
Roy, that is the problem with lake racing. Can't see the start and finish, and no official scorer.

I missed the two times they ran, and actually congratulated Ted in another thread for being the King, and he noted that Chad did get by him.

So, Congratulation to Chad Oliver, winner of Round one. Chad, you told me to get to work on that cat and I should listened(my trail junk got in the way), because I surely would have learned something.

Hope to see everyone out there again real soon. :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Marco...you RAT!!! :frech11: All Stock huh...lol...it's all Good. That just means my little ol trail sled was running really good! Thanks for the props on that too. :beerchug: Hope to see you and Guy again soon!

Roy,

I was just replying to something else, but I was going to say two other people told me Chad edged the turbo when they ran. They also said it looked like the turbo was coming on fast too...but a win is a win is win. I can't wait to see Chad, Pistol Pete, BossCat, and Teddy run all together...but we need a wider strip! Oh, and when Jimmy get's that other Hooper dialed in for the ice...it should be right there too! :luxhello:

Thanks again to all of you who helped get my sled together after the....mishap...and to all those who saw me the rest of the weekend and asked about me and the sled, thank you very much too...Shows how cool everyone is! Even the SkeeeeeeeeeeeDooooers! lol

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I was going to drive over too.. but didn't see that anyone was REALLY going to be there.. with no snow flying and ice kinda thin.. next time....[/b]
You missed A LOT of good action Dan. And Dan Sr had the Joker all dialed in with his new track, studs, and your clutch. I never got to run it with my ZR, but it ripped passed my F1000...and all the other trail sleds...on top! :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
yeah he still has studs, no chisels.. so hook up will be only good on nice hardpack. I would think.

I will bring mine and the new f1000 next time..

so prob. a few weeks til the next big outing?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I am hoping the damage is not too bad on my Hooper and to be back there for two weekends from now...if I only have the F1000 I am resigned to off ice trail sled racing. :nopityA: The weather is supposed to warm up this week then who knows...at least 1st CT and Lake Francis had ice on them this morning...first time all year for lake Francis.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Congratulation's to Chad Oliver!!! :beerchug: >>>Whenever you line up with Chad Oliver you better be on your game. Trust me been racing with Chad for many many years, and he's always very tuff competition. :arctic_cat_rules: :bowdown: :frech11: :div20:

Thats why we like sanctioned racing it's the real deal with fact's!!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Roy, that is the problem with lake racing. Can't see the start and finish, and no official scorer.

I missed the two times they ran, and actually congratulated Ted in another thread for being the King, and he noted that Chad did get by him.

So, Congratulation to Chad Oliver, winner of Round one. Chad, you told me to get to work on that cat and I should listened(my trail junk got in the way), because I surely would have learned something.

Hope to see everyone out there again real soon. :beerchug:[/b]

Hey I like your aviator pic!!! :div20:

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am hoping the damage is not too bad on my Hooper and to be back there for two weekends from now...if I only have the F1000 I am resigned to off ice trail sled racing. :nopityA: The weather is supposed to warm up this week then who knows...at least 1st CT and Lake Francis had ice on them this morning...first time all year for lake Francis.[/b]
Boss, Looked like the Hooper ZR was running strong when I saw you running it!! :div20: Get it back together soon. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Hey I like your aviator pic!!! :div20:[/b]
Hey, I'm not so sure I like the violins you miss quoted me with. Thats not right Jim.

I must give credit to Rockin F-7 for my avitar pic(nice pic), and the violins he added to the post he quoted. :frech32:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey, I'm not so sure I like the violins you miss quoted me with. Thats not right Jim.

I must give credit to Rockin F-7 for my avitar pic(nice pic), and the violins he added to the post he quoted. :frech32:[/b]
Whats not right???? LOL :smilielol: What violins??????????????? LOL :smilielol: :smilielol:

1 - 20 of 202 Posts