Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new axys 800 and my dimmer switch wont work unless the sled is revved up a bit and sometimes its works when idling and sometimes it doesn't ..anyone had this issue??

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I have a brand new axys 800 and my dimmer switch wont work unless the sled is revved up a bit and sometimes its works when idling and sometimes it doesn't ..anyone had this issue??
Dimmer,, you mean brights? If so then they all do it.. Can't remember why... Low voltage for the leds?

IG: SLEDDERS_R_US

·
Registered
28 Posts
:flag_canada:It's working properly, like what SouthernTierSwitchback said the hi beam and hand/thumb warmers are directed through a load shed relay , It will not allow these functions to work unless engine is over 1400 rpm.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can rev her up and both the headlight and tail light goes even dimmer,,almost like a switch malfuction or a stator

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What year is it ? Could be a bad capacitor maybe voltage regulator. Connection at vr. Connection at capasitor. Because it effecting both head and taillight but only flickering headlight and then very dim. It would lead me to believe it's a capasitor. Or connection. You could measure the stator output vr output .does it still run fine ? Have you ran it for a bit and found the lights to be only issue ? Hand warmers probably arnt working either are they ?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Capasitor are bad is my bet. They had 5 in 2015 and had issues with them. I think they have updated ones for the 15 models. It's warranty if sled is new. This was an issue in 15. Go get them replaced .

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I grabbed ahold of them today while it was idling and they started working normal...is the ground right there or maybe a bad connection???if not I will take it to dealer

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I still think you should bring it in. I know first hand 15s had multiple capasitor failures so many they were so hard to get at one point t guys were actually making thier own. They have now changed to a diff set up. I still think that's your issue. Search around on site for "disco show " or Polaris lights out or flickering. There will be a bunch of posts some normal due to load shedding but many capasitors in 15 .

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was playing with them last night and they worked when I held some wires..i never took her apart last night but I am tonight...sure looks like loose connections

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the exact same issue on my 2003. Was the voltage regulator. It would work some days, other days it would get dimmer as I hit the throttle. Very intermittent. Head lights, tail light, hand warmers. All effected. Replaced the voltage regulator and she's working properly again.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so I was playing with the wires and I discovered when I unplug the head light (right on the one and only plug)....the tail light returns to normal with no flickering...it must be the headlight assembly itself??..anyone seen this??

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I haven't (possible probably) but haven't seen that one. I'm still thinking its do to releasing a small load of the capasitor. But by all means explore your idea it's easy enough plug in a different hood /headlight assembly. And see what it does.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts