Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a Polaris trailer. Yesterday I was underneath it and noticed how rusty it is. Where can I can I find a used axel? Thank you!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I wouldn't get a used one, you already have issues now, why possibly cause more down the rd?

A good trailer place should be able to order you a new one for not a TON of $$$.

I'm thinking of replacing mine on my SnoPro trailer this fall.
Better to be safe than sorry.

Jeff B In Maine

Sent via my US Cellular rotary dial device.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I agree buying used will get you another one like you got, few folks replace GOOD axle!

and when you BUY a new axle, buy one that is galvanized coated, it will last a LOT longer
most trailer company's ( I have bought my last few axles from a place called RED neck trailer, they were fast and easy to work with, shipped to my house and have also I picked them up at one of there many store's as well, )

Most OEM's only use dexter axle's, and there all I use anymore!
the added galvanizing coating doesn;'t cost much more and its worth the costs BIG time, road salt eats metal, so all you can do to get more life out of things the better

if you go to there web site they have axle build sheets to show you all the spec's you may need if you order from a trailer company, rather than going OEM

and also, don't forget to buy all new nuts and bolts, and that there is supposed to be a sacrificial spacer between trailer and axle, so replace that when adding the new axle!

your axle is NO longer safe , so I wouldn;t be using it as is!

and just a FYI< replacing an axle isn;t hard or very time consuming once you have all things needed to replace!
and don't forget that tires have dates on them for a reason, just cause lots of thread is left, doesn't mean tires are still good!

here is a link to where I buy from, they can get you everything you need to swap out old and replace with new
but these days there are also other online stores as well,
I just Know this place is Good and has very good customer service! as well as a bunch of locations!

https://www.*******-trailer.com/axle-solution/

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
apparently it won't let me add the link due to it says RED NECK in it??

just do a search for red neck trailer supplies, and it will come up

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
You'll have to properly measure your axle before you can even look for them.

Put a galvanized axle on my neighbors. His old one was bent. Went from spring to torsion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts