Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I ain't bitching because If I was I'd do it in the problem board which I have to say a lot of you haven't been doing. Anyway I brought my 5 to the dealer on monday to order studs. Turns out he had them in stock. It was in a box of 144 and he said he can install and let me pay for 96. Long story short he put on 102 which is fine by me. Do I gotta break the track in with the new studs? Or can I go for a rip and test them out. I had a few sleds before but none with studs, I put all my faith in taller lugs. Whaddya guys say?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Personal opinion from someone with 102 studs. The track is going to stretch with or without studs so you will have to tighten. I am judicious as to where I rip because 102 studs for this amout of HP is very light. I try to have a little loose snow and don't torque the track to much. So far no problems. My track has barely strtched in 900 miles. No popped or broken studs yet.
I say let her rip just be careful how you start.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My experience has been to as least let the lock tight dry over night. that is if you put in the tee nut style. If the push through type the burr with the lnylon lock is ok, just ride it, but check your track ofen the first 50 miles because sometimes the nuts will work lose. at any rate the track may need a little adjustement because the studs sometimes make your track tighter. good luck

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, My F5 was also updated. Dealer said he cleaned the powervavles and tightened them, I gained my 400 RPMs back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts