Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My post on snow flaps got such a negative response (for safety reasons)....thought I'd see what other riding groups have for rules of the trail. Here are ours that we've lived by:

1) don't drink and ride 2) no night riding (too many idiots out) 3) don't drink and ride 4) no engine mods (we don't want one of us to ruin the day for the others) 5) never put weight on seat when going 100+ across a lake... hidden heaves can really mess you up unless you're ready to take an unexpected hit) 6) In EVERY eft turn corner on twisty trails, mentally map out an escape route into the trees on right side, in case an idiot comes at you on the left side of trail. Riding in Hurley and the UP, I can't count the number of times I've used this last one...

That has kept us all safe for a combined 32 new sleds, totalling over 184,000miles and counting... So if you see me on the trails, wave, but just don't ride my ass....(the short snow flap and all...ggg.)

KJ

·
Registered
629 Posts
To avoid the hospital:

Keep the Rubber side down, and don't hit anything... Works everytime..

One other thing that works good, is to ride on week days, and avoid the idoits.

·
Registered
290 Posts
"5) never put weight on seat when going 100+ across a lake"

this is a very good tip for people who didn't know it. It really helps

·
Registered
962 Posts
I went to the hospital last year because I was ditch riding at night ( NOT A GOOD IDEA ) But anyhow I hit a waterheater. YES a Waterheater!!! I hit it doing about 60 in this real flat dich. The sled and me went airborn I baild cause i was tipping sideways. Spraind my wrist and bent the blulkhead on my dads sled. Easy to fix. Skidplate saved it.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I agree with the dont drink and ride!!! you need to pull over, so you don't spill any ;-) just kidding

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Don't go snowmobiling anywhere near a strip club! Way to many fricken drunk morons! Definetly ride during the week, and don't drink and ride!!!!! Later, Sxrlar.

·
Registered
962 Posts
So I can`t go to hurly or ironwood this weekend. I am acctually going to a strip club for my first time. But we are driving there from our hotel. :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by Earl McCreary@Dec 5 2002, 11:25 PM
To avoid the hospital:

Keep the Rubber side down, and don't hit anything...  Works everytime..

Rubber side down...I thought it was shiny side up? :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by Wicked King+Dec 6 2002, 07:21 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Earl McCreary
@Dec 5 2002, 11:25 PM
To avoid the hospital:

Keep the Rubber side down, and don't hit anything...  Works everytime..

Rubber side down...I thought it was shiny side up? :D[/b]
That works too...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
This isn't really a safety tip (could be here for a long time typing up those!) but rather a saying someone always used to use as their signature on one of the boards a few years ago. It's short, simple, but makes you think, and gets a good point across:

"Better to be careful a thousand times, than to get killed once!"

Think about this always... riding on lakes, hi-speed riding on trail (ESPECIALLY during the day!!!), racing buddies down plowed roads, riding in unfamiliar areas, jumping with your sleds, and of course, drinking and driving. That's a VERY short list that could be added to and expounded upon for days, but just a few things to keep in mind anyway! -- Roy

·
Registered
171 Posts
i agree never drink and ride ( i'm too young anyway but wouldn't) always watch for idiots and never over ride your headlight at night witch is easy to do i have before and always stay on the right saide when going around turns my cusin had this experence over the sumer on adirlt bikes he was rifing and this kid came at im they were bothin going 60 plus and they locked the forks together and endedn up in the hospital sadly the other boy died due to head injurys so be carful. this also happend to a friend of mine was riding to close to the center and locked A arms with another rider ouch

S

·
0 Posts
Like I say "IT'S ALL IN THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS!!"
I found out twice, that looking behind you means you don't see what your going to hit!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Originally posted by Slider79@Dec 6 2002, 12:43 AM
I went to the hospital last year because I was ditch riding at night ( NOT A GOOD IDEA ) But anyhow I hit a waterheater. YES a Waterheater!!! I hit it doing about 60 in this real flat dich. The sled and me went airborn I baild cause i was tipping sideways. Spraind my wrist and bent the blulkhead on my dads sled. Easy to fix. Skidplate saved it.
''IF YOU HAVE A WATER HEATER IN YOUR DITCH,''YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK''!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I try to ride the weekdays as much as possible, Stay away from Pittsburg NH, too many Massholes.
Sorry to anyone from Mass with a head on their shoulders.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If seen people do some crazy things to keep snowmobiles off there land.

1. Police yellow catuion tape
2. spread cow shit out along BOTH sides of the trail.

But never ever a FRIGGN 60 gallon tank from hell.

You get rid of tanks with anti-tank mines.
You get rid of snowmbiles with water heaters cover with snow that look like a "good jump"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts