Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an 850 skidoo that had auxiliary led lights integrated into the hood. Does anybody make auxiliary lighting for the indy xc that looks that good?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not seen an auxiliary light for Axys. Bought single row LED driving light from Canadian Tire, $60.00 plus relay and some wire connectors. Operates on high beam. Shines much further down the trail.

·
Premium Member
2021 VR1 850 137" 2016 SB 800 Pro-S 136"
4,471 Posts
Is the purpose of the relay to just make the LED light work on High Beam only? Just wondering why some use a relay vs. just an on/off switch...

Not seen an auxiliary light for Axys. Bought single row LED driving light from Canadian Tire, $60.00 plus relay and some wire connectors. Operates on high beam. Shines much further down the trail.

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Is the purpose of the relay to just make the LED light work on High Beam only? Just wondering why some use a relay vs. just an on/off switch...
To use switch as just a switch vs running the light power thru it. Power for the light comes right from the battery. The added demand thru switch is just microvolts.

·
Registered
19 600 Switchback Assault
160 Posts
I also custom installed a 6" led bar(cheap amazon) wired trough a relay switched with high beam. Hooked it up on dc chassis power with 5amp fuse(still have to test it)
Purpose of relay is to avoid too many amps on the switch/circuit. Also since it's on high beam only the load shed relay will cut the power if you are in a low voltage situation so your oil pump and stuff keep priorty.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
How does that shine out in front (down the trail)?
It lights up the area in front of the sled that the head light does not. It's also wired directly to the battery so you can leave it on with the sled shut off. About 1000 lumens of flood light. Works great when you need light at night...such as when tying your sled down in the trailer, working on your buddies Arctic Cat...etc...

·
Premium Member
2021 VR1 850 137" 2016 SB 800 Pro-S 136"
4,471 Posts
Anyone have a link to what Relay you used off Ebay or Amazon?

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I'm on it guys...just takes time. I'm about to set up my brother's sled with a protoype kit. Then I have to make a duplicate and send it to my vendor. I will post results as things progress. You can view the kit on my website: www.ljeproducts.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
I also custom installed a 6" led bar(cheap amazon) wired trough a relay switched with high beam. Hooked it up on dc chassis power with 5amp fuse(still have to test it)
Purpose of relay is to avoid too many amps on the switch/circuit. Also since it's on high beam only the load shed relay will cut the power if you are in a low voltage situation so your oil pump and stuff keep priorty.
Looks just like the light that I got at Canadian Tire.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
The mountain riders remove their headlights to "save" weight. Yet they bolt a heavy aluminum housed LED light to their hoods, which weighs more than the stock Polaris headlight assembly. Have you had your light out of your Axys chassis sled? I have. It is very light. Much lighter than most of the LED's available on the market.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The mountain riders remove their headlights to "save" weight. Yet they bolt a heavy aluminum housed LED light to their hoods, which weighs more than the stock Polaris headlight assembly. Have you had your light out of your Axys chassis sled? I have. It is very light. Much lighter than most of the LED's available on the market.
Don't care about the weight. Can't pick my Indy up anyways. Once I try out my extra LED I may add another. 65 year old eyes need all the extra help that they can get.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts