Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone help please its for an 01 zr 800 le, can u tell me how to properly put it back together and install it???

i know its not for a fire cat, but more people see this forum, sorry if u dont agree with me

-mike

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, hes hasn't, but he did put it togetherbut he didn't think the way he did it is right, thats kinda really confusing, but he wanted someone to explain it to him, so ne one else know??? we love u forever if u answer, haha thanks anyways

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you get more specific as to the info that you need I will try to help you. There are two types of tighteners- one has a bolt and locknut on the outside of the chaincase and the other has a springloaded unit screwed into the case that automatically keeps tension on the inside roller. Which do you have and how far have you dismantled the unit? There are several pages devoted to the topic in the tech manual so narrow it down for me.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its the automatic one, so its with the spring... i dont think its that hard, he just wants to make sure its all right he just went threw 4 jackshaft bearsing, all lowers... so he wants to make sure there all right

thanks alot guys

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why don't you PM me and I will try to help. If you are going to work on your own sled you can get a tech manual CD for $38 that will pay for itself in a short time. Does your sled have reverse? Did you just remove the tightener parts inside the case? Do you have two rollers inside the case connected with a spring or just one roller on the right side of the chain?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts