Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live near tug hill and i was just wondering what you guys thought i am 16 and i have my f7 and i am thinking about a banshee fo the summer because my neighbor has one but there is really no place to ride around you can go up on the hill but really no place to go so should i just put money into my sled or buy a truck or a banshee ???

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
As I was napping over the holidays dreaming that there was snow in northern lower MI to ride the sled, I was woke up by a group of quads flying across the frozen lake with no snow cover. They had serious traction in the tires since they were carrying the front tires through the first few gears. Reminded me of how much fun I had on my Banshee a few years back and how I could be out enjoying the winter instead of dreaming about snow. Anyway, I figured that I would get out the 6 wheeled John Deere Gator and do a few doughnuts myself on the ice. I was aslo contemplating getting out the cordless drill and putting sheet metal screws into the tires of the CR250, but decided to save my body for when(if) the snow ever appears in MI.

Moral of my story is buy another toy instead of sinking money into the sled. You already have a sweet sled, buy something else that you can use year round.

I love spending other peoples money!

·
Registered
148 Posts
My thought is someone has rich parents and its not me. When I was sixteen my parents bought me a 1972 340 Olympique for $400 I worked on it more than I rode it. They also bought me a Ford Torino for $900, had quite a bit of rust. Now being in my late 30's I can finally aford to buy new sleds. Enjoy it, I had to wait 20 plus years and alot of hard work. I guess I'm just jealous :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
put the sheet metal screws in your cr250 tires you will kick on all the sleds in 200-300 yrd drags. i smoke any sled there is on my yz 250 0-60

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,440 Posts
I just got my ice tires studded up for my Banshee, all I need know is cold weather so we can get some safe ice.
What the hell is happening to Wiscosin ? used to be cold and snowy in the winter...............go figure !
Flash and Flare

S

·
0 Posts
i sure like the 400 ex honda and the new suzuki 4 stroke they look real good lots of power,suspention and good on fuel, I'd buy the bike.

·
5,440 Posts
Originally posted by ZRMan53188@Jan 5 2003, 09:08 AM
Flash and Flare, Where from. Waukesha here. I agree with you. This is the worst year I can remember. :blink:
I am from the bomming metropolitan of Princeton, its about 36 miles west of Oshkosh.
I get most of my Banshee speed parts at a shop in Kaukauna the place is called Janssen Racing.
Later.......................Flash and Flare

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got an f7...and a banshee--Duning a quad is just as much fun as a snowmobile--people to race and jumping its so sweet...i got a banshee w/ all the goodies on it and its sweet--get a quad man

·
5,440 Posts
Originally posted by SpeedWerxf7@Jan 5 2003, 08:48 PM
I got an f7...and a banshee--Duning a quad is just as much fun as a snowmobile--people to race and jumping its so sweet...i got a banshee w/ all the goodies on it and its sweet--get a quad man
Hey Speedwerxf7 wanna compare goddies on our Banshee's ?
Later.................Flash and Flare

·
Registered
960 Posts
what do you guys like better dirt bikes or atv's im torn between a crf and a banshee but would never sell the sled its B) just too funnnnnnn!!!!

·
5,440 Posts
Originally posted by holeshot f-5@Jan 6 2003, 07:14 PM
what do you guys like better dirt bikes or atv's im torn between a crf and a banshee but would never sell the sled its B)  just too funnnnnnn!!!!
Not that it makes much difference Honda recomends you put new rings in the CRF every 15 hours

1 - 14 of 14 Posts