Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of ATVing the U.P. this weekend. Sat 10/15 - Mon 10/17. Probably staying in Newberry, but open to any suggestions. Any must see trails or hunting/logging closures I need to know about. Can you ride right from the Newberry motels to the trails north of there, two heart...

Taking a big dog, so need a motel that takes pets. And a bar. Leaning towards Best Western.

The summer Cat:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The best western is a good place to stay,bar right next door you can head south right across the street to the trail, your not supposed to ride that road but everyone does it anyway. I have never been to the north but i have heard the trails are good up that wat too :div20: The blackbear in strongs is a good place to stay also :div20:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've never ridden out of Newberry or around Newberry on my quad, but I have ridden around Paradise and Strongs area. Both are very neat places to ride, tons and tons of two tracks to explore....which is what I like to do. The trails are fun too, as long as they don't cross a swamp. :doh: Around the Paradise area there is many small lakes to check out, or there is also Crisp Point Lighthouse and Whitefish Point Lighthouse. I'ver never rode right up to Whitefish Point on my quad since I'm not sure if it's legal or not, but you can get very close to it by trail or two tracks. Crisp Point you can ride right up to on your quad though....and on saturday it's open for you to climb up into...I did that in July, pretty awesome view. I like the Paradise area personally....so that's what i'd suggest. But Strongs, Raco, Hulbert, & Trout lake are good areas to ride from too, and you can ride right from where you're staying most of the time.

Here's a link to some pics I've taken from my trips this summer...(see the albums at the top of the page)
http://www.dootalk.net/gallery/album1275

1 - 4 of 4 Posts