Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 850 Pro S S.B. 2006 600 Fusion
5,848 Posts
could always let you use a loaner!!

Let him try one of those old Scramblers, he'll be singing a different tune!! Three wheeler?... PFFFFT!

Reactions: XCR1250

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Anyone here ride the red top in mile lacs? I'm going to get the kids a 90 to ride around the cabin but I've been looking at 2wd sport quads. I have no interest in mud bogging and just want to ride the trails.

Been thinking a 4x4 with cvt may be better. We already have a gator for utility work.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Anyone here ride the red top in mile lacs? I'm going to get the kids a 90 to ride around the cabin but I've been looking at 2wd sport quads. I have no interest in mud bogging and just want to ride the trails.

Been thinking a 4x4 with cvt may be better. We already have a gator for utility work.
I ride up there all the time. It’s not mud bogging for sure. I see 2 wd ATVs sometimes, but 95 percent is 4wd atvs and utv’s.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have ridden Red Top many times with an ATV. There is an ATVAM ride and roast out of McQuoids Saturday the 18th of May. For $15 (children under 10 free) there will be rides guided and unguided that leave out of McQuoids at 10:00 Saturday morning going through all the Red Top, Solona, and Foxy loop trails. There will be a pork and turkey dinner after the rides at 5 PM and door prizes. Don't need to register to go along on the rides and groups can head out on their own.

For those going up Friday there will be an ATVAM fishing group going out from McQuoids Friday evening from 6 PM to 10PM (preregister for launch outing-$25).

Isle fire department is hosting a pancake breakfast at 07:30 saturday morning. Bring canned food for food shelf.

I and some of my friends will be riding there. I was thinking of a night ride on Friday evening might be fun.

·
Registered
557 Posts
In addition to the required ATV safety certificate, all riders who are under 18 and who are riding on public lands must follow these restrictions:

Children under the age of 10 may ONLY operate a CLASS 1 ATV on private property with the landowner's consent.
Children ages 10 and 11 can operate a CLASS 1 ATV on private property with the permission of the landowner. They can also operate on public lands and frozen water of the state ONLY if the ATV has an engine of 90cc or less AND they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Children aged 12-15 must follow these restrictions:
Those under the age of 15 may NOT operate any CLASS 2 ATV.
Must carry an ATV Safety Certificate that is approved and recognized by the State.
May operate on public lands and frozen waters of the state ONLY if accompanied by an adult 18 or older who is on a separate ATV and who holds a valid driver's license.
Children 16 and 17 must follow these restrictions:
Must carry an ATV Safety Certificate that is approved and recognized by the State in order to operate on public lands.
Must have a valid driver's license when crossing a roadway or operating on road rights-of-way.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Anyone going up for the ATV Redtop/Solona ride out of McQuoids this coming weekend? Any other rides planned? Would be fun to get some HCS guys together for an ATV ride like the winter rides.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Will do! Changed the oil and filter last night. Drained out last falls gas and will put new 91 non oxy in tonight and a new plug. Looking forward to hitting the trails for the first time this year.

·
Registered
26,096 Posts
FYI the Two Harbors, Silver Bay, & Finland trails are all closed for a couple more weeks thanks to Mother Nature making mud out of everything.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
FYI the Two Harbors, Silver Bay, & Finland trails are all closed for a couple more weeks thanks to Mother Nature making mud out of everything.
Talk about ill timed. Can't come in the winter, but the spring. :(

Anyone have any recommendations of a seat upholstery shop that can make my seat thicker? About to try to do it myself but would rather pay someone.

·
Registered
493 Posts
It was a beautiful day to ride in Emily, MN at the Pork and Ride which is a benefit to support local trail development by the Over the Hills gang ATV club. They did a great job hosting the event. Great rides. Great food. Lots of prizes. Somewhere near 200 ATV's were at the event. Blue sky's and 65 degrees. Trails alternated between to dry and dusty to really wet and mud from last weeks torrential rains. Different groups left at different times and each group went out for different length rides up to 70 miles. here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
557 Posts
You going to be there? A couple friends and I are going separately. I don't go for the long stop and go slow groups. Anyone here that is going is welcome to come with us.
Sorry...just caught this. Yeah I was there. I was in the 50mi group that left 2nd. Had a blast. Zero breakdowns in our group, just a few easy stucks to pull out and minimal stopping for breaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
We ended up not going out separately. Went with the first group out. Everything went pretty smooth. An Arctic Cat broke something in the rear and the rear wheels wouldn't drive. He had to go four wheel drive with just the front's under power. A few got stuck and had to be winched out. A couple of machines overheated from mud in the radiator.

We didn't go the 70 miles that they had planned for the first group. The couple on the Polaris's in the fifth picture are friends from work. They rode the Friday night ride. They went down some of the trails that were taped and closed off on Saturday. They had to turn around as the water was too deep to get through and no way to bypass. Bill told me some snorkeled machines went through and the entire machines were under water except the tops of the snorkel.

The food was good at the dinner after the ride. I left about half way through the prize drawings. I had to do some serious cleaning on my ATV when I got back to get the mud off. Overall had a great time.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts