Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard recently the ATV laws changed in Maine, then I heard they didn't really change, it's a matter of opinion.

Can you guys try and enlighten me on what's happening up there and is the state taking away ATV trails..

A link to an article would be nice also. Thank you...

·
Registered
414 Posts
www.atvmaine.org They trails have not been taken away, but the careless wandering is being controlled. There is now 4500 marked miles of trails and 7000 miles is expected by next season. Our clubs have added over 200 miles since last season and we are expected to link up with Bingham and the Forks all the way down to Cambridge and up to Rockwood. We use to be able to ride any unpaved road as long as its not marked "no atv" but now we can only ride trails that are marked or if you have owner's permission. This has caused many clubs to form and organize which we needed GREATLY. I thought this law would ruin atving but so far its helped add many awesome trails.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trailblaster,

I went to the website but couldn't find any history or articles associated with this issue...Please help and send me a link....Thank you..

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have gotten this info from many sources, one being ATV MAINE's newsletter, and the MSA newsletter. I thought that atvmaine's website would have the info but I guess not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts